Moved Boehmei to new enclosure (pics included)

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all.
As some of you might already know, I recently bought a B. Boehmei. I put it in a enclosure, from 12"x12"x12"with about 3" substrate, the lid didn't allow me to get it any higher. Since the T wasn't that big, and sat a lot on the glass and cork background of the enclosure, it also fell some times. It often fell a nice 6"+ wich was a little too high.
After seeing this for a few days I decided to put it into a new enclosure. Much smaller, and not too high for the T to fall.

I will put in some pics here and let you guys tell if I made the right decision.

This was before: as you can see I couldn't just put more substrate in to prevent the T from making big falls.

This is it's new enclosure: he already seems to like his hide, hasn't come out yet. I will give him some time to acclimate before I throw in some crickets.

I personally liked the first enclosure more, because the cork back, and the built in light. (wich didn't work, but there was a light in it!) At least the mealworms wont climb the sides of the new enclosure ...

Thanks for any input.

Ðennis

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dennie

The new tank looks better to me.
I have to move my boehmei and a curly hair from there small cups to a small cage this week.I have prepared the tanks this afternoon and will leave them for a couple of days and then move the two spiders.

Chid

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hm, I liked that last pic of the second enclosure.

I did like the first enclosure better though.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yep, I like the first one more too. But it's better to be safe then sorry. I don't like the sight of my T falling from that high... Maybe I will put an aboreal T into the first one. Afterall, I paid 40 euro for it, it would be a waste not to use it anymore.

Ðennis

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
On second thought ... Would the first enclosure be big enough to keep 2 Avicularia Avicularias if given enough oppurtunity to climb?
It's 12"x9"x12" (wanted to know for sure :))

Ðennis

[edit: enclusure size, changes Avic. Versicolor to Avic. Avicularia]

Last edited: