Moths?

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, were I live thers soooooooooooooooo......many moths... And if I feed it to my sling, will all that dust that it has on its wings effect my sling? Like blind it or something? I havent giving one to my sling(yet). But there all over my house, and its alot cheaper to(Even though its like 7 cents per cricket)catch food... I know that they havent been sprayed with anything cause ive seen them come out from under my bed...... And i never see them go in..... I stayed up all night one night and nothing......So what about moths?

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Moths make good food for tarantulas, especially arboreals, and no, the "powder" won't affect the tarantula. (It's just the scales that coat the moths' wings.) I've fed waxworm moths to my tarantulas several times.

I don't quite get what you meant about them coming out from under your bed. In any case, be extra sure they haven't been exposed to pesticides.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It sounds like your bed may be a food source for the moth's larvae. You might want to look into that.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its an A. Seemanni sling... And they come out from under my bed.. If I lifted my bed up... I would think over 100 moths would come out and hit me in my face.....It does sound weird, but thats were they come from.... Its like I have a hole to the outside world under my bed........

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually Hampton, some species of moth are toxic. Not all, but some are. You may want to do a little research on your local moth species before trying it. Good luck.

Atrax

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Spiders love moths. However, when dealing with any live caught prey, you always do have the uncertainty of pestacide exposure.

Kind of a connundrum.

Jon