Arachnosquire
60 for a mature female p
murinus

---------- Post added 01-17-2013 at 12:11 AM ----------

60 for a mature female p
murinus

Bugmom

Arachnolord
$54 plus tax for my female Acanthoscurria geniculata. That included the enclosure she was in.

xTimx

Arachnoknight
185 for my 3" xenesthis sp. blue, unsexed, but will try and confirm this upcoming molt.

Arienette

Arachnoknight
the most ive actually spent on one T was my female B emilia, $50
my female P scrofa was $30
my female P regalis was $10

my boyfriend bought me some spendier slings for Xmas this year though.
he paid:
$40 1" B smithi
$40 A diversipes
$35 A purpurea
$25 A metallica

Trial

Arachnopeon
£65 (around $104 according to google) on a ungendered adult G Pulchra that I recently confirmed female from molt. I also spent £70 on a nice fancy tank for her a month ago but that's another story.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I've paid £50 for my P,regalis and £55 for P,ornata, I wouldn't pay anymore than 70 for any T, as I would get slings/juvies for cheaper.

Cydaea

Arachnosquire
€50 ($66) for a 1.5" B. emilia. The store was having a 25% off sale on their animals so I think I got a good deal.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Okay. I finally bought what I wanted. I just spent $177 on a 1.5-2" M. balfouri. (139 + shipping and handling).
But I also got an N. chromatus for freeeeeeee. :)

Tman86

Arachnosquire
haven't done it yet, but after the new year I'm expecting to pay $125+ for a 1" Poec miranda.
The most I paid was $85 for a .75 inch Poecilotheria miranda thats including shipping. Ironically I got my 2 P ornata slings, P cambridgei sling, P regalis sling, and my P murinis sling for $58 for all 5 including shipping. It pays to shop around for deals you end up with more T's and more money.

Cydaea

Arachnosquire
It seems that prices for T's are pretty arbitrary, there are so many and large differences between dealers/breeders, pet shops and other sellers. A pet shop could ask $150 for a B. smithi, while someone else would be content selling one for $50 or less as long as it's going to a good home. I have 6 tiny slings, 3 each of B. boehmi and B. smithi, that I got for about €4 each. In a year or a year and a half I could probably sell those for €50 each or more. I'm not sure i will though, because i get attached to them. i wouldn't sell my B. vagans for any price, I'm so attached to her. Well, still assuming at's a her because she won't let me have her exuvia.

The 'value' of a spider seems to be determined by rarity, popularity, size, gender and the seller's intentions, among other things.

Dan Wulf

Arachnopeon
The 'value' of a spider seems to be determined by rarity, popularity, size, gender and the seller's intentions, among other things.
And location/continent. In European Union the prices of the most expensive slings (e.g. Monocentropus balfouri, Poecilotheria metallica, Idiothele mira) are normally around 35€ (= 47 US$). Most other species (slings) commonly sell for 4-15€ (= 5-20 US$).

QSCrow

Arachnopeon
$115 on a female 3.5in P. Muticus local.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk