Most hated common names

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
What is your most hated common name for tarantulas?

The one I hate the most is the 'Pink Zebra Beauty'. Seeing it in acronyms (PZB) triggers me even more and brings about an urge to punch someone, preferably the person who first gave it this name. The name is gimmicky AF. Like, what the hell is it? A Salmon Pink? A Costa Rican Zebra? No, it's <swearword> both! Now doesn't that make you want to buy it? But wait, there's more. Unlike other tarantulas, it has the word 'beauty' in its name so you know it's beautiful because it tells you. The Pink Zebra Beauty, it's the gimmick trifecta, now buy this damn thing.

No offense to the people who like the species Eupalaestrus campestratus, I don't hate them. It's just the common name I absolutely can't stand.
The one I hate most, Pink Toe. I mean seriously, out of all the Avics, Ybrypara, and Caribena, every one of them is pink toe?

Stugy

Arachnolord
Meh not much of a T guy at all so my list will mostly be scorpions (not much of a point in making a thread in the scorpions section if there is one here anyways).
King Baboon (PRAISE THE GODDESS! SHOULD BE QUEEN BABOON!)
Desert Hairy (though it normally means arizonensis there are still a few other "desert hairy" scorpions)
Bark scorpion (normally means the Centruroides sculpturatus but quite a few seem to use the name for practically any Centruroides)
Fat-tail scorpion (Parabuthus? Androctonus? Orthoricus? There was even a reptile shop near me that was selling Hadrurus arizonensis as "fat-tail scorpions")
Daddy-long legs (harvestman? cellar spider? house spider? i even met a person who called roaches daddy-long legs!)

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Half of what Brachypelma gets saddled with. Red rump red knee red leg flame leg flame knee...

Daddy-long legs (harvestman? cellar spider? house spider? i even met a person who called roaches daddy-long legs!)
Over here craneflies get lumped under the same banner, too.

cold blood

Staff member
Anything with birdeater in its name...how dumb....a common name for the common people...people that know zip about tarantulas.

The worst is the salmon pink birdeater....just ridiculous....its neither pink or a salmon....not to mention there is already an animal called the pink salmon (which both has pink in its spawning colors and is an actual salmon...imagine that)http://social.thefishinhole.com/imagesArticles/2015/10_October/Big/P1050189.JPG

And if that weren't enough, birds are also not part of their normal diet....talk about a seriously misleading name.

The first time I went to get one I brought a fly rod and waders with me...I was disappointed as you could imagine.:( It didn't have any interest in my fly selection no matter how I presented them.:meh: Even the fly that mimicked a bird was ignored.:bored:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Anything with birdeater in its name...how dumb....a common name for the common people...people that know zip about tarantulas.

The worst is the salmon pink birdeater....just ridiculous....its neither pink or a salmon....not to mention there is already an animal called the pink salmon (which both has pink in its spawning colors and is an actual salmon...imagine that)http://social.thefishinhole.com/imagesArticles/2015/10_October/Big/P1050189.JPG

And if that weren't enough, birds are also not part of their normal diet....talk about a seriously misleading name.

The first time I went to get one I brought a fly rod and waders with me...I was disappointed as you could imagine.:( It didn't have any interest in my fly selection no matter how I presented them.:meh: Even the fly that mimicked a bird was ignored.:bored:
Had you tied a Mouse imitation you would have slayed the bigguns...LOL

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
Meh not much of a T guy at all so my list will mostly be scorpions (not much of a point in making a thread in the scorpions section if there is one here anyways).
King Baboon (PRAISE THE GODDESS! SHOULD BE QUEEN BABOON!)
Desert Hairy (though it normally means arizonensis there are still a few other "desert hairy" scorpions)
Bark scorpion (normally means the Centruroides sculpturatus but quite a few seem to use the name for practically any Centruroides)
Fat-tail scorpion (Parabuthus? Androctonus? Orthoricus? There was even a reptile shop near me that was selling Hadrurus arizonensis as "fat-tail scorpions")
Sort of off topic but the other day my friend referred to Daddy-long legs as "Father Stretch Limbs"