MOST BEAUTIFUL SPIDER (In my opinion)

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All beautiful spiders!! I think my c. fasciatum sling will turn out to be one gorgeous spider.. but right now she's just kinda plain. I think my favorite has to be my b. smithi. I LOVE the stripes of orange on her "knees." I dunno, tho, my h. lividium and my b.vagans are very pretty as well. :D

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by dilleo
I think arboreals have this beauty competition won. Poecilotheria and Avicularia are by the most beatiful and diverse species out there.

-Jeremy
Bingo, couldn't have said it better myself.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So far, I think that the absolutely positively most beautiful tarantula has definately got to be Chilobrachys fimbratus! However, I don't plan on getting one any time soon as they are obligate burrowers (from what I understand) and they cost alot. I want to see them.

I recently acquired a C. fascitum s'ling. I think those are gorgeous. Mine is tiny and has no color yet. I am also a big fan of C. cyanopubecens. I plan on getting one of those as soon as Kelly Swift sells them again. The Pokies are cool looking too.

paradox696

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
So far, I think that the absolutely positively most beautiful tarantula has definately got to be Chilobrachys fimbratus! However, I don't plan on getting one any time soon as they are obligate burrowers (from what I understand) and they cost alot. I want to see them.

oh they are beautiful...but they definately are obligate burrowers we see ours so rarely.....it makes it such a treat when we do though...

i do feel the a xenesthis immanis is definately one of the most beautiful species

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I've had my C. fimbriatus since November, and seen it about three times since then, all within the last couple days. It moulted, and that was the first I saw of it. Still a baby around 2.5 inches, but quite a looker already :)

Bill

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Coasta Rican Tiger rump = Most under rated spider out there. Can't spell the scientific name, so uh..yeah

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by paradox696
oh they are beautiful...but they definately are obligate burrowers we see ours so rarely.....it makes it such a treat when we do though...

i do feel the a xenesthis immanis is definately one of the most beautiful species
I took a look at a picture of a xenesthis immanis on Rick West's birdspiders.com:

http://birdspiders.com/archive/1/0021.htm

How does yours look compared to this one? I like the carapace, but the abdomen, I'm not so sure about.

Big Dragonfly

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Valael
Coasta Rican Tiger rump = Most under rated spider out there. Can't spell the scientific name, so uh..yeah
I know they are so cheap and have among the most beautful colors out there.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
/agree C_M. Though they DO look a bit scruffy! (greenbottles)

*grins*

Edit: as for my humble opinion of which sp's are the most beautiful

-Cobalt (and several other haplopelma sp)
-Pokes (ill include H.Maculata here, they are the ornamental baboon anyway ;) )
-Some Avics
-Taigah rump
-B.Boehmei
-G.Aureostriatum

that's a lot isnt it? well, that's what happens when one start trying to figure out the most beautiful T's =D

Last edited:

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
OK, the X. immanis has just grown on me big time. What are they like? Aggressiveness, webbiness, burrowingness...? Caresheets?

The immanis is a great spider! One of my favorites :D I have a adult female that eat like a horse :p
She is wery agressive, dont want to stick my hand in and cuddle her, that´s for sure :rolleyes: hehe...
She dont burrow, althoug she has the oportunity....
Sometimes she sit in the flowerpot then....She has´nt made any webbing either, but she´s great!
I keep her like my L. p, she seems to like that

Here is some caresheets:

http://server3002.freeyellow.com/mryeager/index38.htm

http://hem.spray.se/minax/index/welcome.html

Hope my english is not too bad :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good enough to understand :) Your Norwegian don't sweat ;) our language is the most complex to learn..some people come on American boards and speak their foreign language and nobody understands.

My pals is a little nervous but sweet.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Raveness
I know they are so cheap and have among the most beautful colors out there.
How cheap are they? And do you know who is selling them? I can't believe it. Less than 24 hours ago, I thought this T was ugly. Now I'm thinking it might be one of the collest! I can't wait to get one? =D

Big Dragonfly

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I love X. immanis also. I have 2 males and 1 female all around the 4" mark and they are my absolute favorite T's.