More sling trouble!

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I came home from work and was going to set up a new enclosure for my 1.5" a.avic, and apparently, he felt it was necessary to rehouse himself.... I can;t find him anywhere!

Any advice on finding him, preferably before my dog does? I'm guessing he's still somewhere in this room, but there are places i can't get to... anything I might be able to lure him out with?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
turn down the temp and turn on a heat lamp. does the trick a lot of times. the T will go settle near the heat. worth a shot...

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
should i put the lamp right near where he escaped from, or a few feet away in a more open area?

Greyhalo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it were me I would place the lamp around where he escaped from in hopes that he didnt make it real far from that area. If there are no signs of him after a while I would then move the lamp further away from that area and try again.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Put the dog outside and do a good spring cleaning. Look eveywhere systematically. I mean everywhere. It wont show up, you need to find it.

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm trying to go through everything, but even thoug it's a small room, and I did recently clean it out, there are still just sooo many places a spider that small could be. I've got a flashlight and a mirror, and I'm checking every nook and cranny, but it seems so hopeless.... poor little guy

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
leave a heat lamp or heating mechanism and if you wanna keep track leave flour against the walls cause animals prefer to walk there maybe you can track him good luck

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've only had one escapee but the way I found it was looking for the nearest dark and warm place...unfortunately that was my computer. LOL I had to power the computer down and take out cards to get to her. Fortunately she was fine! Good luck! The heat lamp idea sounds pretty good.

~Fred

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
put it's enclosure near a heat source with the lid off and drop a cricket in there. keep the dog out of the room if possible. unless you see it curiously sniffing at an odd place in the room. your T may be in that area but keep the dog away as soon as you see it sniffin.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Look UP--it's going to climb and try to find a place to hide.

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I found it! Thanks for the advice everyone! I was so worried. He ended up on a bookcase, a few feet away from where he escaped, hiding under a playstation controller. He's in a new enclosure now, so he shouldn't be making any more escape attempts.

I really underestimated how small of a space these little guys can fit through!

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found it! Thanks for the advice everyone! I was so worried. He ended up on a bookcase, a few feet away from where he escaped, hiding under a playstation controller. He's in a new enclosure now, so he shouldn't be making any more escape attempts.

I really underestimated how small of a space these little guys can fit through!
No kidding-

I also have a 1.5" Versi, and it got out the same day I got em in the mail. It had somehow squeezed through the smallest little opening....and was found sitting on top of my A. Genic's cage.

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So on another note, is it normal for slings to be active? I know generally with Ts, it's a good thing if they act like a "pet rock". My little escapee is pretty active in his new home, he circles the top of the enclosure, pauses for a minute, then does it again, repeated over the last hour or two.

He's in a half quart (I think thats the size) deli cup, with a ton of air holes, a stick to climb on, some substrate on the bottom, and a small bottle cap water dish.