More Haplo fun!

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so.. I guess that is the same as a Cyriopagopus paganus, right?

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
Theres that L word again

no wonder its pissed id be pissed to with my femurs worn out to "look at the joints at end of femur" ;P

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yep, getting shipped from SE Asia is kind of taxing on these guys. Next molt she'll look good as new... But I suspect still just as pissy. ;)

bill

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Does this look like longipedum to you or C. paganus? I remember this issue coming up in the Arachnid group recently...

bill

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by Martin H.

see also this thread >>click me<< (scroll a bit down), there I have tried to explain this situation a little bit and what can happen, when the holotype of C. paganus turns up again...

all the best,
Martin

www.spiderpix.com
Oh, you mean the situation where if it turns out that C. paganus is properly named as C. paganus that the Genus Cyriopagopus will have precedence over the Genus Haplopelma and everything in Haplopelma will then have to be renamed Cyriopagopus??? Or were you referring to a different situation? :)

Scott

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In reply to that...is Bill Gates involved in any of this? You know, Microsoft has the exact same effect of precedence on a lot of things. Bill the taxonomist...lol.

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Man, I hope this paper by Volker, or anyone for that matter is perfect, I expect it to be for taking such a long time. Is it just going to be described or a whole research paper on the species? How long has this particular spider been under observation? Seems to me that Volker is a busy man, probably has many spiders that he works with, and I hope to hear of his research in the near future.

p.s. It's too cold in Germany Volker and Martin, bring your spiders to the U.S.!!!

-Jeremy