Species Monocentropus balfouri

82Baboons

Arachnopeon
name is actually Da Vinci, oops. My
H lividum is The Cure, who's pic i also posted. #Love the Blue T's.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
She's absolutely stunning. I love love love my two balfouri juvies. Can't wait till they get as big as yours and hopefully one is female.

draiko

Arachnosquire
I can watch these guys the whole day.

EDIT: Nvm file is too big delete thread please :p

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Hi guys,

I just received my new group of M. balfouri and I'm very happy.

I got 5x 3" unsexed from a friends large commune.

They were released into their new digs straight after their arrival. 2 of them went down the main burrow instantly and 2 went exploring in opposite directions and one stood its ground in the middle of the enclosure and wanted me dead for disturbing it :rofl:

I am starting this thread to share photos of my communal set up with these awsome Ts.

Here are a few to start-

IMG_7024.JPG

3 that stayed above ground
IMG_7021.JPG

The fighter IMG_7023.JPG

IMG_7022.JPG

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's awesome man.

Really good looking natural set up for them as well.
Well done! Cant wait to see what it'll look like in about 8 months.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Photo from tonight.

Some nice webon the go. Think the one on the background moulted recently too :)
IMG_9891.JPG

Timc

Arachnosquire
Sweet set up. Do you notice any interaction between them, or do they tend to stay clear of one another? Also do you have any trouble with feeding, as in one getting left out?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Sweet set up. Do you notice any interaction between them, or do they tend to stay clear of one another? Also do you have any trouble with feeding, as in one getting left out?
I see them sharing prey when they come up to hunt. They all live in what I would imagine to be a small burrow under the webbing that you can see.

Once I have the money to add more I think there will be more above ground.

The enclosure choice was because of watering feeding. I got quite a large one to give them space to tun to their safe spots instead of running out of the enclosure. No problems yet. :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Man down.

Even after feeding the female up before introducing to the commune, I woke to see that she had attacked and eaten one of the penultimate males.

This is the first time I have experienced cannibalism in a balfouri commune. The last setup had balfouri of different sizes and from different sacs living together without issue.

I havent seen the others in a while as they have taken to ground. I can only hope that she hasnt harmed more than one.

A sad day today :(
IMG_0361.JPG

keks

Arachnobaron
This are bad news! I'm so sorry for you. I hope, that the other ones are healthy :( .
And I am scared, because tomorrow I'll get my (first group of) five slings :anxious: .

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
This are bad news! I'm so sorry for you. I hope, that the other ones are healthy :( .
And I am scared, because tomorrow I'll get my (first group of) five slings :anxious: .
Thankyou for kind word. Dont worry. I am sure they will be fine :) I think maybe she got a surprise when entering the burrow and maybe she mistook him for prey

Magenta

Arachnosquire
This may seem like an odd question, how do you go about feeding a communal setup?

Sorry to hear about your male:(