Molts everywhere!!

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Man I thought you guys were kidding when you said I was going to be having tons of molts keeping the T's around 80 through summer (of course I'm only a few months in and all my T's are slings/juvies) but wow! My G. Pulchripes, B. Vagans, and 2 H. Sp columbia have all molted twice now. My A. Versicolor has molted once, just waiting on the euathlus sp red sling and my A. Hentzi juvie to have their first molts in my care.

Just thought it was cool, probably just because I'm new and love seeing healthy molts :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Same here, though it is rather cool for summer. 2 GBB, 1 B.smithi, 1 B.albopilosum, A.versicolor, A.metallica, in just one week!
Makes me wonder if i should keep them warmer in winter...

Shawnee

Arachnosquire
Same thing is happening to me. I recently got a space heater for the first time ever keeping T's, and I keep that room 80 degrees now, and they are molting like crazy and being very active. Shoulda got one a long time ago D:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
just waiting on the euathlus sp red sling and my A. Hentzi juvie to have their first molts in my care.
Those will take time no matter what the temp is. :p

I have mine in what is my computer room. With the vents shut off and the computer always on it stays about 80-82 during the day and 78 at night. They do molt a lot at that range.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, it's that time of year. With the higher summer temperatures, over the past couple of weeks, my C. cyanopubescens, L. parahybana, B. smithi, P. vittata, and a couple of Aphonopelma have all molted.

truecreature

Arachnoknight
My molt explosion happened more towards the beginning of summer. I think I have like 30-some tarantulas now and all but 4 or so ended up molting within a month or two

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Summertime, time, time,
Sling, the living's easy.
Crickets are jumping out
And the molting, Lord,
Molting's high, Lord, so high.

-Genus Joplin

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Thus summer has been particularly bountiful. Adults that have never molted under my care are doing their thing, and of course slings are molting every few weeks. Such a wonderful time to be a keeper!

Coconana

Arachnosquire
When I rebooted my collection, I kept a cup for the good molts. Then a jar. Then a drawer.. then three drawers... now, unless it either comes from my Irminia (managed to catch every single molt that she's ever gone through in my care, and I want to eventually do something with them), or it's simply magnificent to behold and too beautiful to throw away, they go into the garbage.

So many molts, so little space :angelic: