Molting Question

TheRealJoePesci

Arachnopeon
So my T.albo sling just molted today! Which is exciting, but it molted in its burrow, and I've learned not to disturb the burrow unless absolutely necessary. It seems to be super curled up and kind of crammed in there (now with the molt taking up space). I don't think its death curl because its moving around, it just looks packed in there! Should I continue to leave it alone? Drip some water in nearby sub for moisture in case it needs a drink? And how long is recommended to wait to feed slings after molt?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It’s fine. Wait one week to feed. Ideally if you can see fangs and they are jet black then it’s safe to feed. You can dribble a few drops if you feel the sub is too dry and it needs moisture. Otherwise, leave it be till it comes out.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So my T.albo sling just molted today! Which is exciting, but it molted in its burrow, and I've learned not to disturb the burrow unless absolutely necessary. It seems to be super curled up and kind of crammed in there (now with the molt taking up space). I don't think its death curl because its moving around, it just looks packed in there! Should I continue to leave it alone? Drip some water in nearby sub for moisture in case it needs a drink? And how long is recommended to wait to feed slings after molt?
Leave it- monitor but leave it

Water is fine

Feed when fangs are black Can’t tell? Wait for T to tell you it’s hungry as I do.

TheRealJoePesci

Arachnopeon
Leave it- monitor but leave it

Water is fine

Feed when fangs are black Can’t tell? Wait for T to tell you it’s hungry as I do.
Its fangs seem like a cream color right now almost translucent, so good to know. Thanks! I'm picking up a ephebopus this weekend to start getting used to faster ts, really appreciate your recommendation the other day 🤙

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its fangs seem like a cream color right now almost translucent, so good to know. Thanks! I'm picking up a ephebopus this weekend to start getting used to faster ts, really appreciate your recommendation the other day 🤙
You’re welcome- it’s nice to see someone take a smart approach to OWs rather than diving in blindly. Most people get defensive when we advise them otherwise.

What species??

TheRealJoePesci

Arachnopeon
E.murinus! Love the skeleton look, and their demeanor seems challenging yet manageable. When it comes to live animals, let alone possibly dangerous ones, I think I'll heed more experienced advice rather than my own selfish wants 😂. But one day I will have an OW, or maybe two, or five.