Molting on her side

MVPCrawford

Arachnopeon
My 2.5" Rose-Gray (B.pallidum) is molting, and she is doing it against the back wall of her enclisure, on her side?

I have only witnessed 3 or 4 T molts, but never one on its side like this... Is that normal?

If anyone wants pics, i will post some...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I've seen them do it before....I have heard to not disturb them no matter what, but I will admit that I moved my sling onto her back.
Don't think it made any difference though...she should be ok.
My L cristatus just molted IN her water dish....talk about strange!

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just for future reference:
Slings can moult in any position but adults should be on their back *or* sides. Back is the most common, but there is no extra risk on their side either. The only time to be concerned is if they are upright and beginning to moult. In that case you are better off risking disturbance and tip them gently onto their side.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
glad to hear it...they usually know what they are doing, without help from us :D

but what C_M says is very true...adults don't do well, generally, right side up

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
tarantulas molting on side

My Rosea named Rose (not very original but technically her full name is Gramma stole a rose {corny isnt it ?}) she molted on her side once and once on her back. I am still waiting for my B.Smithi to molt.:mad:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: tarantulas molting on side

Originally posted by Spider_savior
her full name is Gramma stole a rose {corny isnt it ?}
Yes, it is very corny. Bet you were just busting a rib when you thought that one up :p

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
That is the best spider name I have heard yet.
Aren't you supposed to be evil, evil people wouldn't go for something corny like that ;P

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
JacenBeers Im glad U like my Ts name,..Here are a few COOL names of my other pets; My other Tarantula is a B.Smithi and her name is Scarlet O'Hairy, and the two deceaced :( Ts were Harrison and Hiorshi (I didnt know her sex at the time so I named her He-or-she except with i's instead of e's so it looked Japanese)

I have four bettas (siamese fighting fish) and there names are

Phil A. O'Fish, Gill B. O'Fish, Sapphire and Quartz.

I thought that Phil A. O'Fish was clever and if there is anyone whos never eaten at the corperate giant McDonalds, thats the name of their fish burger except its called Filet O Fish. NUmmers.

As for cracking a rib, no I didnt. I do have a tendancy to snort when I laugh though and once I even snorted choco milk and on another occasion a peice of chicken...!!!!!!!!:8o