Molting emergency?

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Hi guys. I might just be a really nervous "parent" but my 2" GBB is currently going through her first molt in my care. She flipped over on her back five hours ago and appeared to succeed in the molt after 3-4 hours. The thing is - she is molting in a narrow silk tunnel so it is hard for me to see what is going on, and I'm scared that she might have her abdomen stuck. She has not stretched out her legs properly yet and it has been almost three hours now since she got her legs out of the exuvium. But I can't see her opisthosoma and I am concerned about her book lungs being covered and that she is slowly asphyxiating. It might be hard to answer but how long does the "recouperation" phase take, before tarantulas flip back right side up? It's been over three hours now and I am getting prepared to have a closer look to see if she needs emergency help but I know how fragile she is in this state. Anyone?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'd leave it. Frankly, even if something was wrong, there's not much you could do without causing more harm. But really, it's probably fine. Don't worry so much, they know what they're doing :)

awiec

Arachnoprince
They do calisthenics for some time to attach the muscles to their new exo and also just need to rest. If all of the body is out all you can do is wait for them to recover.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Im sure it will be fine. The molting thing is so alien to us. But they have been doing it for as long as there have been spiders.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Thank you guys for all of the reassurance, I needed that. She is the right side up now and is slightly moving from time to time. Not out of the proverbial woods yet but it looks like this is going the right way. Thanks again, @EulersK @awiec and @D Sherlod !