molt too long?

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
My juvie Avicularia Versicolor has been in her "molt" stage for over a month. she refuses food and does not leave her burrow. I can tell her abdomen is a very dark brownish-blackish-blue and her hairs are brown. She moves upside down and from one side to another every once in a while. I know that these are traits of a molt but it has been going on for over a month. I have raised her humidity up to almost 100% and keeping her temp moderatly high. Is this long time period normal for a juvie molt ? If not what should I do?

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My juvie Avicularia Versicolor has been in her "molt" stage for over a month. she refuses food and does not leave her burrow. I can tell her abdomen is a very dark brownish-blackish-blue and her hairs are brown. She moves upside down and from one side to another every once in a while. I know that these are traits of a molt but it has been going on for over a month. I have raised her humidity up to almost 100% and keeping her temp moderatly high. Is this long time period normal for a juvie molt ? If not what should I do?
I find versi's very slow in their molt process, I've only had 3 though. I have had them go a couple months like that. Just be excited when you finally see the outcome.... eventually...

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've posted this three times in the last week. No wonder the guys here joined the search police, I might too!

But to answer your question, its impossible to tell how long a pre-molt will last. It can depend on lots of things like size, age, temperature, species, etc...

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
she is about 2",juvie avic versicolor, temps are around 75-80F humidity 89-100%.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You think that's long. Get a goliath. Mine molted a month ago and I can't remember the last time it ate. Don't worry. Im sure she (hopefully) is fine. Never second geuse a tarantula.

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
Okay so now she has come out of her burrow ( still not molted) and is acting like everything is normal. Her abdomen is blackish blue still but she ate and is fine.. I dont understand whats going on lol.:?

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
don't worry, your T is fine ;) just let her molt when it;s time. my rosea was in premolt for months [though she's not an avic obviously :p] but she'll molt when it's time for her too...so no worries :D

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's been said before, but it's worth saying again: the T knows what it's doing. Just leave it be, and you'll get a surprise sometime soon. No reason to worry.

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
i used to worry about mine. I got it for christmas already in pre-moult and she only just shed. The avics take ages, especially the maturing moult

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She will molt as soon as you are away from home for a couple of days. They wait until we're not looking because they know how much it irks us to miss a molt.

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
I sure hope so. She is moving around a little bit now but hasn't made her burrow yet since we cleaned the cage (substrate had puddles in it). I'm sure you're right she probably will wait till we aren't constantly looking at her. she probably wants privacy. right?