Molt stuck to abdomen

Maidenchynna

Arachnopeon
My first time owning a Tarantula, her first time molting since I got her. And her abdomen still has a molt stuck to it. Are my only options to take her to a vet? is there anything I can possibly to get it off without hurting her? It looks like it's covering her rear where she would produce her webbing. What do I do?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If she has just molted, don't touch her. She is still very soft. Is the molt stuck to just the above part of the abdomen, or underside as well?
You can try to wet the molt with a q-tip so it comes off, but be very careful.
@EulersK @cold blood may have some more tips and insight.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
dont waste your time and money taking your tarantula to the vet for anything.

cold blood

Staff member
Take her to a vet...hilarious....they would probably look at you like you had crabs crawling out of your ears...lol.:rofl:

Just grab the exo with a tweezers and hold it, let the ts movement peel it away. This looks like a 2 second issue, it doesn't look like a problem, in fact, doing nothing will likely result in the same...but I always pull it away just in case while its still soft.

The key is acting quickly...wait too long and things harden and removal goes from simple to oh my gosh.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Hopefully that will fall off over time.

It more than likely will if just moulted

Maidenchynna

Arachnopeon
Thank you everyone for your advice. It ended up coming off just fine. It wasn't a big deal afterall.

I'm just a new Spider Mommy so I'm worried about everything. So glad I didn't take her to the vet.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you everyone for your advice. It ended up coming off just fine. It wasn't a big deal afterall.

I'm just a new Spider Mommy so I'm worried about everything. So glad I didn't take her to the vet.
There are no Tarantula vets. A large percentage of problems that they suffer from they have to get through it themselves. There are some things we can help them with ourselves but that's it. I wish there was a magical spider vet that we could all go to but unfortunately sometimes nature must be left to take its course even though we don't like it.