"Molt-sexed female" Poecilotheria metallica

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, neither messages to the seller on arachnoboards or his paypal email have gotten any response, so now I guess I'm stuck with the male that should've been female. The spiderling I raised and sexed as a male that prompted me to purchase a female has now also matured and both are now keeping me up at night drumming against their enclosures. They're surprisingly loud and I didn't figure out what I was hearing for the first couple nights of drumming. Hopefully someone out there needs a mature male or two. Still no bites from the invertsonals.
Who's the seller?

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Ah I see what you mean. When it comes to Ts I try not to assume, however, I can see how many would erroneously do so.
Im a victim of my own misconception of my knowledge. I was sure i nailed a CHEAP O. violaceopes female due to their "sexual dimorphism". Gorgeous purple/blue and around 4" or so. I thought i scored since there is not a hint of olive green........ Vent sexing by you fine folks says male across the baord :(
Its easy to make a bad guess or or simply misjudge your own knowledge. I know i was humbled a bit hahaha. Found him a hot date already tho once he matures ;)

cold blood

Staff member
Im a victim of my own misconception of my knowledge. I was sure i nailed a CHEAP O. violaceopes female due to their "sexual dimorphism". Gorgeous purple/blue and around 4" or so. I thought i scored since there is not a hint of olive green........ Vent sexing by you fine folks says male across the baord :(
Its easy to make a bad guess or or simply misjudge your own knowledge. I know i was humbled a bit hahaha. Found him a hot date already tho once he matures ;)
Males only show the olive green after they mature.

jiacovazzi

Arachnoknight
All I wrote is they were sexually dimorphic. I didn't specify when. My statement was accurate, it was not wrong as you said it was. You only qualified my original statement and indeed said they were as well. In point of fact, you agreed w/me that they are sexually dimorphic.

It's no different than if I wrote "all cars have engines", and you said I was wrong because "some cars have electric engines", in both cases cars have engines. In both T statements, we each wrote a T is sexually dimorphic, thus we are right.

If someone is erroneously making assumptions, that is their fault for not asking clarification.
So in summation, be as vague as possible^. Writing a comprehensive and thought out statement would've prevented the confusion in the first place, so you wouldn't have to backpedal to back up vague statements.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Well, neither messages to the seller on arachnoboards or his paypal email have gotten any response, so now I guess I'm stuck with the male that should've been female.
I hope that you will write a review of your experience with them. Yes, I understand that mistakes can be made, even with experienced people, but not responding to communications from you is just not acceptable. That makes it seem as if it was intentional.
There are plenty of good, honest, sellers out there and they should be given business over people who are sloppy at best and downright dishonest at worst.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
@Ranitomeya, do not disclose the seller. Discussing transactions outside of the review subforum is against the TOS. I would, however, suggest leaving a review.
An inquiry/warning may be a good place to start.
I also know for a fact a lot of users here have sort of faded away from AB and deal on FB predominantly.
Id start searching there as well. Tons of tarantula classifieds and review pages there.

Good luck rectifying the situation.. id focus more on either buying a comfirmed female outright and giving it a go, or loaning/selling/trading the MMs.

Pmet has a super long gestation period (sometimes 8-11 months) so try to do a loan with a big named/reputable breeder that has been around a long time and isnt going anywhere