Molt protection!...to the extreme!

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is my female A. genic...i caught her makin a molt mat last night.....she decided to cover herself up with it, once she flipped??...never sseen a T go this far to defend themselves while molting...she usually covers tha mat + herself wit u-hairs....this is cool tho!...it actually kinda scared me a bit..

i gently pulled it off, she didnt even flinch......

she still hasnt re-flipped yet......

:cool:

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ya she is very healthy!...3 molts ago, she was the size of the end of my thumb, now shes almost the same size as my hand!

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I just ordered one waiting to get it on tuesday...Its a 1/4'' In size...so youre saying your went from roughly about a 1.5 to lets say 4 inches in 3 months?....

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry, jus checked my records, and its her 4th molt since june9th,....she was about jus over a inch then, and is a easy 5inches now!.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
sorry, jus checked my records, and its her 4th molt since june9th,....she was about jus over a inch then, and is a easy 5inches now!.

Nonetheless that's pretty impressive!. Cant wait to start observing mine.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been tryin to find the old molts,..only managed to salvage the previous one....it even show hug growth between molts....i will try and get some pics up of the 2, side by side....

but for now......

heres the exo she jus came out of...@ about 4inches

she flipped back, over....carapace size is MUCH bigger than before!

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
Nice... so that's what it is. a molt matting. My genic just molted a week ago. im wondering why there is a web matt near its hide. Its just so unusual for it to make a noticeable cluster of web. my genic goes from a 0.5" to 2.75" in 5 molts.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
jus a follow up today.....

gave her a fresh water dish...she took a drink, then flipped it....

heres her current molt, beside previous molt....

the last 4 of her molts.....

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

....and since she has jus molted,...im gunna wait about a week before offering her a energon goody;)....hin/hint nudge/nudge;)

tacoyaki

Arachnopeon
ha ha! "took a drink and flipped it over"

love your T's man they look super healthy and happy :D