Molt during shipping !!!

puck4u

Arachnopeon
I have tried searching, but I guess my "search" skills are not the best. I recieved my VERY FIRST T order in the mail today. I was so excited...like a kid waiting for Christmas. Everything was packed awesome, however, when I open my B. vagans it had molted during shipping. The poor creature's legs were twisted and stuck in the molt. Thank god it was moist and I was able to help him out, but now his legs are stuck in the EXACT same position as when unwrapped. I have placed him in a ICU with some water for now....anything else I can do do help? At least he was still alive and pretty healthy looking, for the most part:?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I have tried searching, but I guess my "search" skills are not the best. I recieved my VERY FIRST T order in the mail today. I was so excited...like a kid waiting for Christmas. Everything was packed awesome, however, when I open my B. vagans it had molted during shipping. The poor creature's legs were twisted and stuck in the molt. Thank god it was moist and I was able to help him out, but now his legs are stuck in the EXACT same position as when unwrapped. I have placed him in a ICU with some water for now....anything else I can do do help? At least he was still alive and pretty healthy looking, for the most part:?
Well, I hope your guy makes it. If it stretched out at all and can control the legs, it may make it. My poor P irminia started molt in transit, and died. I'm still waiting for the replacement, but the seller has the flu and hasn't packed Ts yet.

Good luck!

Marga

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My LP molted in it's shipping container and got its legs twisted up as well.
I kept it normally and fed it cricket legs, no live.
That was at only a quarter of an inch... It's hitting 4 inches now, and doesn't show a sign of crooked legs.

puck4u

Arachnopeon
I tried to tak some pics, but all I had was my camera on my phone.... they were to blury due to the poor lighting:wall: I will check on him tomorrow and try to get some pics if it's possible.

puck4u

Arachnopeon
R.i.p

Didn't make it:mad:

opened it to check on him today, and to try and snap some pics but he had passed. On the plus side (if there is one), I now know what the smelly smell of a dead T is:barf:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Oh im sorry to hear he didnt make it. You may want to let the seller know it didnt make it because it molted in transit. He might give you a replacement one on your next order. What size was this T? Personaly i would try to keep from shipping Ts in pre molt. But it happends. Better luck with your next little one.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh im sorry to hear he didnt make it. You may want to let the seller know it didnt make it because it molted in transit. He might give you a replacement one on your next order. What size was this T? Personaly i would try to keep from shipping Ts in pre molt. But it happends. Better luck with your next little one.
+1 on this... you couldn't have known the T would molt in transit. The seller should replace your order.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
hello people. I didnt know the T was on a pre-molt. In all honesty, if I know that T would molt, I wont send it. The T didnt look fat and it was still eating 2 days before I send it. Ill definitely change the T as promised. It was an unfortunate incident and it was beyond my control. However, since it has a LAG as it was shipped express, its my obligation to ship a replacement asap. :D;):D

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Glad to hear about the replacment! Ts dont have to be fat to molt. If you look close you can tell by the darkening of the abdomen. Its a good indicator when its sluggish. Most all my slings kinda lay on there side or lean against the glass when in pre molt. Better luck next time when shipping. :)

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Didn't make it:mad:

opened it to check on him today, and to try and snap some pics but he had passed. On the plus side (if there is one), I now know what the smelly smell of a dead T is:barf:
Aahh that sucks:8o
But a replacement is on the way:eek:

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Glad to hear about the replacment! Ts dont have to be fat to molt. If you look close you can tell by the darkening of the abdomen. Its a good indicator when its sluggish. Most all my slings kinda lay on there side or lean against the glass when in pre molt. Better luck next time when shipping. :)
That's the reason why I never expect it to be in pre-molt coz it was so active and there was no darkening on its abdomen. But sometimes Ts just molt with less indication especially when they are slings/juvies...

puck4u

Arachnopeon
Big Nito

I am no way blaming the seller.... BIg NIto is awesome!!! He had no hesitation in any way replacing the little one. I have nothing but positive to say about him and his way of doing buisness. when I order again, it will be from him for sure....my intent for this thread was simply to get advice beyond what I tried to do for the poor critter. There is NO BLAME to be placed on anyone....it just happens sometimes. :embarrassed: