molt drought

Angelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just curious...what was the longest time a tarantula of yours' has gone without molting? the last time my female rosie molted was last august, beleive the 19th or something, so its been 15 months. once they hit maturity they tend to be selfish when it comes to molting, right? anyway, replies are appreciated. thanks :)

-angelo

chique

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
still waiting myself

Not uncommon for rosies to take their time. My female has'nt molted in 2 years n she's not showing any signs of doing so in the near future. She's around 11 years old and as she gets older the time between eah molt lengthens. I would'nt worry, one day, one day.............

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Haha. I was going to say I bought my Rosea January this year and he/she hasn't molted yet, then I went to check up on it this morning and it had molted. It's in a deep burrow and it is still stretching out, so I dont know how or when I should try to get the molt out for sexing.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Taking their time...

Some species are slow growing. One of my Blondi's went 2 years before shedding.

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my rosie has molted once in the 3 yers we have had her. i quit keeping track !

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have an Aphonopelma sp. that has only molted once in just under 4 years of having her. I actually waited more than two years for the one time it happened. Who knows how long I'll have to wait for the next. She's still not even close to the dull color she was before. :rolleyes:
I'll probably still have that spider when I'm 60.

Atrax

Lochala

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Atrax said:
I have an Aphonopelma sp. that has only molted once in just under 4 years of having her. I actually waited more than two years for the one time it happened. Who knows how long I'll have to wait for the next. She's still not even close to the dull color she was before. :rolleyes:
I'll probably still have that spider when I'm 60.

Atrax

How old are you now? {D ;P

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So old I could've asked the lady in your avatar to the prom dance...and gunned her down in the streets with a single action six shooter if she'd turned me down! {D So old I still know how to fix a broken wagonwheel. {D

Who knows though, the Aphonopelma might be older tham me!

Later.

Atrax

scaramanga

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was expecting my A.genic to molt at the start of last sept. Shes about 3-3.5" and usually molted every month, then every 1-2months. I figured she'd be ready way before now. Shes still eating too (every so often). Its not like ive been under feeding her or its cooler than usual.

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My G. rosea went 14-15 months between molts. She ate today for the third time since coming out of that molt. Her grocery bill has been about 50 cents in the last two years.