Mmmmm banana

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Great shot! What are the smaller species?

Last edited:

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Those are some local pill millipedes I believe to be Armadillidium species not sure exactly which one have had some trouble finding a list a pics of local species

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Look more like Porcellio to me. Armadillidium are more rounded or hump-backed.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
You guys are more experienced and knowledgeable than I am I appreciate the correction I'll have to do some more research

Marika

Arachnoangel
Those are some local pill millipedes I believe to be Armadillidium species not sure exactly which one have had some trouble finding a list a pics of local species
They are not pill millipedes, they are isopods :)

Jerry

Arachnobaron
OK looks like I'm getting everything wrong today my bad looks like I failed this test I was under the impression that pill bugs were pill millipedes I miss ided the little guy in the pic but I have both I'm that enclosure pill bugs Armadillidium and wood lice Porcellio maybe I just have all my facts wrong today :wacky:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No worries, we all have those days! Definitely Armadillidium at the top and I believe the rest are Porcellio. Looks like you have a nice mix, which is always fun to have. @Hisserdude, thoughts on the isopods? There are a couple individuals in that second pic that could be different, but I'd appreciate a second opinion on them.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
@pannaking22 actually what he has are both A.vulgare and Cylisticus convexus, I don't see any Porcellio in his pictures. :)
Ahh, Cyclistus! I had thought that myself seeing how skinny they were and the lack of the flare on the edges, but figured P. scaber was the more common option. You'd have thought I'd note the size as well as a clue :embarrassed: Thanks for double checking!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Ahh, Cyclistus! I had thought that myself seeing how skinny they were and the lack of the flare on the edges, but figured P. scaber was the more common option. You'd have thought I'd note the size as well as a clue :embarrassed: Thanks for double checking!
Yeah, they look similar at a first glance, but their smooth surface and more slender build set them apart from Porcellio. :) No problem, happy to help!

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Thanks guys so much I need to make some notes and. Do some research I really appreciate all the help