MM P. rufilata HELP!!!!!

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Need your advice guys....I have a MM P. rufilata that molted about 2 weeks ago, how long do I have to wait for him to be really for my girl? Also how would I know if hes really? THANKS!!!!!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Two weeks is a bit early. I would wait 2-3 weeks more. Let him harden up some more. Look for evidence of a sperm web being made. Also feed him in the next few days if he eats. Then let him take a chance at courting your girl.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Need your advice guys....I have a MM P. rufilata that molted about 2 weeks ago, how long do I have to wait for him to be really for my girl? Also how would I know if hes really? THANKS!!!!!
I would introduce him right after you see him making a sperm web or find the remains of one. That'll let you know when to put him in and that he is ready. Good luck!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is a male Grammostola rosea, but you'd be looking for something like this I would assume.

Note: It says it's copyrighted to Demonhunter, but that was what I was known as here before I changed my display name to Novak. Old picture.

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
and if you don't catch him in the act, here is usually how the remains usually look..

This picture shows the remains of a week old sperm web from a Cyclosternum fasciatum.

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Que Paso?

Tony
Did he die happy after doing his deed? What happened? Fill us in Bro.

Fred

pinktoe23

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
chencho yo tampoco entiendo que paso aunque ya he visto que eso pasa muy a menudo :(

Tony, was your female well fed before introducing him? that suxs. I've never bred before but from what I've read it's advisable to stuff the female with food before the event...and even then sometimes the male gets eaten anyway..it's just one of those things :(

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes I feed her well before I sent him in with her, and no he didnt get any sexy time with her. :(