Mixed B.vagans news.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
On a sad note, one of my mature female B.vagans has decided that moulting is more important than reproduction. She has had several matings, but is now flipped onto her back.

On the bright side, another juvie just moulted out male -- perfect timing. So far that makes 5/15 male.

Cheers,
Dave

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about the poor timing on the female there SHD. I've got a female that just molted about 5 weeks ago and a fresh male so I'm about 3 weeks out from "prime time".

Botar

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow you have a big scale breeding project going with them. I have came close to buying a large # of G. rosea before with the hope to get a few egg sacs. Right now only have 2 mature females 1 sub adult male (hopeful anyway) 1 mature male. I am going to a show this weekend and hope to find a few adults at good prices, and maybe even some males.

I'm sure if you are determined your bound to get a egg sac soner or later. How many adults are you working with right now? Good luck with the B. vagans breeding project.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Jeremy,

Two mature females. 2 mature males (and 3 dead ones) and 10 juvies left.

G.rosea-wise I have four females and a male. I think I want to succesfuly breed G.rosea more than any other T. I actualy have six young'uns now from a destroyed egg sac, but that hardly counts as success. Best of luck with your project.

My other largish breeding project is my Usumbaras. Seven in total -- six probably mature females and one juvie who I don't think is a male (unfortunately).

Cheers,
Dave

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Botar
Sorry to hear about the poor timing on the female there SHD. I've got a female that just molted about 5 weeks ago and a fresh male so I'm about 3 weeks out from "prime time".
Excellent. You may still be making breeding attempts by the time I get there, then. Too bad they are CITES -- I could bring down a male with me.

Cheers,
Dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Awww, I'm JEALOUS!!! My b. vagans mated about 2 weeks ago (his palps were loaded) but the female shed last night! Wahhhh!! The male looks like he's trying really hard to make a sperm web... but no web comes out! So, I think he's past his prime. MEN... sheesh!!=D

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know how you feel. I mated two different Usumbara females and both of them molted this week. Rat bastards.

Adrian

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Good Luck to all of you on the breeding projects! It all sounds great! I cant wait untill i start breeding some of my own t's! BTW-Dave awsome looking Brachypelma vagans, beautiful boy you got there!

James

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by belewfripp
I know how you feel. I mated two different Usumbara females and both of them molted this week.
Now THAT is hard luck. Still, if this whole mating business was easy, we probably wouldn't have so much fun trying. I have six mature and one immature Usumbara and as-of-yet no male. One of these days ....

Cheers,
Dave

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Well, I got impatient waiting for Big Mama to harden and the male to load up so I went ahead and mated my older male and my other female. It seemed to go well, though I think the male genuinely owes his life at this point to the wooden spoon I was using. The other female is the one that already munched a male, so I am always cautious with her. He got her up and got what looked like two good insertions. He then got progressively closer and closer to her fangs and she almost had her entire weight on him by the time he disengaged. She lunged but met with my spoon. He climbed a wall and was immediately cupped.

Cheers,
Dave

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave

My other largish breeding project is my Usumbaras. Seven in total -- six probably mature females and one juvie who I don't think is a male (unfortunately).

Cheers,
Dave

=D =D =D
You just cant have what you want, can you?
That must be the first time I see someone wishing for a male....

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by genious_gr
=D =D =D
You just cant have what you want, can you?
That must be the first time I see someone wishing for a male....
You should get out more. :) To someone with a female, a male can be of great use.

Cheers,
Dave