Missouri Bug Hunt II

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey you all,
The annual Missouri Bug Hunt will be the weekend of May 19th this year. We are trying to stay clear of other functions such as the ATS Conference and Arachnocon which is why we have chosen this date. It will be held at a place called Caney Mountain which has a camping area or for those not wanting to rough it, you can go to the town of Gainseville which is 15 minutes away for lodging. I will be going down after work on that Friday. You can come and go as you please.
For those of you wanting to see tarantulas and other inverts,herps etc in the wild this is what the Doctor ordered. You can see last years results by clicking >>here<<.

Directions on how to get there:

From Springfield, Missouri take Highway 60 East to Mansfield. Go South on Hwy 5 until you arrive in Gainseville. Once in Gainseville you are almost there. Take Hwy 160 East (turn left) about 2-3 miles unti you see Hwy 181 to the North. Go up 181 until you see the Caney Mountain Refuge sign on the left. Take that gravel road into the campground. For those not wanting to camp, there are motels in and around Gainseville which is 10-15 minutes away from camp. Last year we got food from the local grocery store and brought to camp.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am so ready for this. See you both down there Missourians. WOOT!!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
We're also gonna have some Cornhuskers and Jayhawkers join us. We just may have good ole fashioned Big 12 rivalry that weekend hahaha :D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Everyone and anyone is invited Anastasia. Are you going to be able to go?

Jason Vaughn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think I maybe able to join you this time around, about how many people do you expect will show? or better yet about how many showed up last time?