MissChelly's Picture Thread :D YEAHHH!!

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd been waiting to get a tarantula because personal life just kind of swirled into chaos and just kept swirling for a bit, so I'd look online or go to shops and pretty much played the role of a kid in a candy shop for a while, till yesterday my boyfriend's friend had found a tarantula at the lake and, knowing I'm a "bug person", caught it for me and put it in a jar. Poor guy (or girl, lol) probably had the ride of it's life in his crazy fast car, but it's now here and safe. :)

It isn't a G. pulchripes which I wanted as my first tarantula, but from what I hear, A. hentzis are pretty docile and this guy truly fits that persona! I gently tapped him to see if he (it's a he for now, haha) would give any threat pose, but nope, when I opened the temporary encasement (a pyrex dish LOL, no worries, we're getting it's set up today.) he crawled right onto my hand and stayed there. :) Granted, I won't handle him much since I know tarantulas don't enjoy it, it's more an enjoyment for the caretaker, but nonetheless I found that pretty cool.

Anywho! I'm extreeeemely excited as this is my first tarantula and going by how I'm also seeming to get my boyfriend quite interested in spiders as well, it very easily may not be my last! I'll post better pictures (and less cheesy) once I find my usb cable for my actual camera, but for now the Nintendo DSi pics will have to do! Hope you like!! :D

I guess he's a butt guy...(if it's even a guy that is. LOL)

Hand banana ain't got nothing on this T!! :p (Aqua Teen Hunger Force reference.)

"Girl, you so fine, just look into my eight eyes..."

I think the picture says enough... ahem.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You're a nut :p

To be honest, it kinda looks female-ish. Here's for hoping!

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah I'm pretty crazy. :p And I hope it's female! {D

By the way... is this actually a henzti or an anax?
Since both are found in Texas and seem to look a lot alike (to a newbie at least!) I'm now officially confused. lol

Last edited: