Millipede cohabitant for Desert Hairy Scorpion??

Bio Geek

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the boards and I have an idea to create an invertebrate Sonoran Desert vivarium. I am fascinated with ecosystems and I am in school studying to be a biologist and educator. The main inhabitant will be a Desert Hairy Scorpion. I am also hoping to have some Blue Death Feinting Beetles because I have read on multiple occasions that the work quite well together. I am curious to hear others opinions about possibly housing either an Orthoporus Gold Desert Millipede or Sonoran Desert Millipede. Has anyone tried or heard of millipedes and scorpions cohabiting? I know that centipedes and scorpions together in a tank have had nasty outcomes. The tank is going to be in a 24" x 12" x 12"/16" (that is a standard 15 gallon or 20 high aquarium). I don't want to start any fights and would just like a civil and helpful thread. (I may also post this in the millipede portion as well)

Thanks!

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
I'm no expert so don't take my word as gold this is just an opinion, however I think your millipede is going to take an ass whooping for the ages, I wouldn't know for sure and maybe the millipede will take the scorpion behind the woodshed but either way I don't think it ends well for your pets. Just my 2 cents but wait for the experts.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
You are safe with the beetles but not so sure about an O ornata sharing the same enclosure.

DeeeeD

Arachnopeon
Not an expert opinion but i think the DHS with its aggressive nature would probably fight with the millipede. DHS cant be kept with each other i doubt it would fair any different with a millipede but again i'm no expert. :) good luck

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
The dessert hairy and the beetles will cohabit fine together, the beetles actually do this weird little thing where they basically "ask" permission to enter the DHS burrow. The DHS may ignore the millipedes due to there chemical defenses, but they most likely would end up as dinner. I guess the only way to really know would be to try it ouy.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
While Hadrurus and Orthoporus can be found in the same area, both have different requirements. Hadrurus need things kept very dry with a sand/clay mixed substrate for burrowing. Orthoporus need higher humidity and very humid places to retreat to and must have a substrate rich in rotting organic debris. I wouldn't recommend trying to keep them together.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
I'm sure that they will cohabitate, within the stomach of the scorpion. I've seen footage of them killing centipedes, far more aggressively inclined critters.