Milking Tarantulas

deathcrew

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea I hear it's to be UTTERLY DELICIOUS..........I guess it sounds better singing the Lucky Charms jingle........... I'm probably going to regret posting this.......I'll blame it on the beer:eek:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
completely forgot about this haha.good thing I saw this thread!Its almost 9

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
completely forgot about this haha.good thing I saw this thread!Its almost 9
I think you owe be a borneo black s'ling for reminding you..jk.. {D

Seriously though, I've been drooling over those recently.....

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh wow. Wouldn't that be the neatest thing ever if they found out that, say, pokie venom dissolved cancer cells while it was busy putting the recipient in severe pain? All of a sudden, they hobby would be brought to new light.

Hmmm....but then again, it would start a serious exploitation of these beautiful creatures. Double-edged sword.
I don't know about cure cancer but Rose Hair venom is being studied to help heart attacks. There is something in the venom that keeps heart muscles beating even after a trauma.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well i for one am very disapointed atthe conditions they keep there spiders!...did you see how that king baboon had maybe a half in of sub!....also i wouldnt be surprized to hear the health department shutting them down seeing as how the trailer full of flys...is just a health code violation waiting to happen! pretty bad....the one thing i will say good is the fact they acually milk succesfully for a good purpose and thats it!

FuzzOctave

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Gotta' love the "drooly" C. crawshayi. That was pretty cool. Though, as codykr pointed out, the living conditions were pretty bad.

Atreyuhero4

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well i for one am very disapointed atthe conditions they keep there spiders!...did you see how that king baboon had maybe a half in of sub!....also i wouldnt be surprized to hear the health department shutting them down seeing as how the trailer full of flys...is just a health code violation waiting to happen! pretty bad....the one thing i will say good is the fact they acually milk succesfully for a good purpose and thats it!
As you saw there were only about 9 tarantulas layed out and the containers have a big hole in the top. This leads me to believe that these are temperary home for them for the show. It wouldent be interesting for viewers to see a King baboon tank and no King baboon. IMO

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had friends show up unexpected. Was it any good? Will it be on again soon I wonder?

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As you saw there were only about 9 tarantulas layed out and the containers have a big hole in the top. This leads me to believe that these are temperary home for them for the show. It wouldent be interesting for viewers to see a King baboon tank and no King baboon. IMO
Plus-these T's are not being kept as pets or display animals. Most dealers and breeders do the same. Its simply to conserve space and have basic conditions for them to survive.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
atreu....i wouldnt say those were temp homes at all...the big holes you seen were feeding holes and they simply insert a delicup into the hole...you could see that in the background....also imo i belive this is there accomedation to have easy access and still not providing proper enclosures. not to mention when i have dabled in the scorpion for this company has a horrible reputation and this show showed me why....i think talkenlate, robc, or kelly swift could have done a better show in my opion....only thing that made this show "a dirty job" was the discusting gutted "fly trailer" which is just gross...even mike rowe freaked out and ive seen him dive into human feces...not to metion the guy clearly has quite a work schedual and obviously need some workers. i mean he could have at least kept all the flys in some form of enclosure that wasnt so unhealthy. and i thought the most disturbing thing was all those unlabled venom containers in the refigerator...im sorry but memory is nice but lables are better.....especially when it is for research purpose...

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It was pretty good. That fruit fly room would make me go insane though! haha. I feel sorry for the king baboon. It wasnt venom dripping, poor girl got a boo boo. :mad: It was leaking from a joint in her leg..

Atreyuhero4

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im sure they were labled but you couldn't get a good look. Anyone with teevo or DVR wunna go back and tell me if there were Ts in the refridge door? thanks

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im sure they were labled but you couldn't get a good look. Anyone with teevo or DVR wunna go back and tell me if there were Ts in the refridge door? thanks
Ah I keep rewinding, but cannot tell... looks like it could on the side, but it could be something else. No idea

BigDaddyJ

Arachnopeon
Yes there were indeed Ts on the fridge door. For preservation purposes I would imagine. All in all I felt it was a great show. It showed in detail alot of interesting things such as the gasing of the Ts. I bet there was quite a few of you out there that wished they had some of that gas for thier Ts when working on enclosures hahahaha. :clap:

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did you see the guy ready with the fly swatter when Mike let loose one of the widows on the table?? The Fly room was basically disgusting and could be kept in way better shape in my opinion.