Mighty sack !

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I haven't seen a post on egg sac sizes. I know some species have 75-150 eggs. I hear L. Parahybana have like 2000 eggs.

Any first hand accounts ? What's your most and least favorite species to breed, and how large is the egg sac ?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Least favorite? I dont have one. Its fun every time no matter what the species. First hand........ I have had two Smithi sacs this year one with 1126 the second with 901 and 7 other sacs in the past. I have had a regalis sac with 110. Emilia sacs between 650-950. And one having 1000+ C.Fasciatum at about 55 is a good average for me I guess. B. boehmi I only got 80 something out of the one boehmi sack I got. There was mold in the sac when I opened it. Some eggs were saved. If I remember correctly B albopilosum I have had three sacs and they all were right around 1000 give or take 100. Avicularia avicularia I only have had one sac from those guys, and got 35 slings. I had major humidity issues with that sac. B. vagans I have had three sacs. Only one was good. One was eaten one was dried up and the third had some mold issues but 400+ were still saved.
I love brachys and do a lot of breeding with them, I have a mature pair of Brachypelma baumgarteni:eek: coming in tuesday so they will settle down for a few days and I will start in on them Id love to get a sac from that girl I am happy I even get the chance to try. I have my 3rd Smithi sac cooking right now still pretty new I think we are on day 9. I have two huge P Regalis that are going to get mated one more time just to make sure, They are huge so we shale see. I have a C Faciatum sac and a B albo sac right now as well.
I think thats about it. Pokies are my new distant future goal in breedings. Other then Regalis I have 0 breeding experience with pokies.
I want to hear from others as well!
Anyone on here got any tips for the Pokie breedings? I read a lot of stuff but first hand accounts are always better!

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Pokies are my new distant future goal in breedings. Other then Regalis I have 0 breeding experience with pokies.
I want to hear from others as well!
Anyone on here got any tips for the Pokie breedings? I read a lot of stuff but first hand accounts are always better!

Anyone have a " pokie project " in the works ?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Formosa and Ornata. Just finished with Regalis. I have three Formosa females, an immature male, and if I am lucky I am second in line for a MM. And I have a MM in with my Pederseni female right now.
In the distant future, striata, fasciata, rufilata. I have groups of 15 of each.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey,
Any of you guys with a MM regalis, i need one! I can do a 50/50. I have a nice young 7" female.

Pm me if ya can!

~Samuel

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Okay, I'm not going to post every single sac I've received, but only the highest egg quantities, which is I think what the original question was. Here goes:

A. geniculata 2227
A. avicularia 266
A. metallica 127
A. purpurea 144
B. albopilosum 1050
B. angustum 680
B. boehmei 551
B. sabulosum 590
B. vagans 772
C. bechuanicus 213
C. brachycephalus 191
C. cyaneopubescens 144
C. fasciatum 292
C. elegans 301
E. uataman 111
H. albostriatum 72
H. lividum 211
H. maculata 91
L. parahybana 912
N. chromatus 440
P. antinous 66
P. nigricolor 198
P. platyomma 115
P. cancerides 433
P. fasciata 278
P. metallica 166
P. rufilata 113
P. irminia 140
P. murinus 227
T. gigas 88
T. pruriens 684

As for pokie projects, I currently have bred:

3 P. metallica
2 P. miranda
2 P. ornata
1 P. rufilata
1 P. striata

If I can get my hands on a formosa male, I've got 1 girl ready for him, and I'm waiting for my P. regalis male to start spinning, because I've 2 girls lined up for him.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Emilia sacs between 650-950. And one having 1000+

OMG... is that what I have to look forward to if I am successful breeding my 4 emilia girls this year? :: faints :: Here I was figuring on a nice conservative 200 per girl {D

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
2227 for a A. genic !!! That's a mighty sac indeed !!

That has to be a record.