Might Bw Emergency! Arizone Blonde (Aphonopelma Chalcodes)

Blizzard

Arachnopeon
Recently my Arizona blonde has had her pedipalp above her face. This started 1 day ago and she still hasn’t let it go. Does this mean anything? Could her pedipalp be hurt in any way?

Attachments

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I don't see anything that would cause me make concern, at least not from what I can see.

The substrate looks more moist than most people would keep this species

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
This species requires a few inches of dry substrate to burrow in. I sometimes overflow the water dish a bit, but just a bit. It looks as if you have very little substrate in there and it does look to be wetter than is appropriate.
There is likely nothing wrong with her pedipalp and you'll see that it is probably just fine the next time you feed her.

Blizzard

Arachnopeon
This species requires a few inches of dry substrate to burrow in. I sometimes overflow the water dish a bit, but just a bit. It looks as if you have very little substrate in there and it does look to be wetter than is appropriate.
There is likely nothing wrong with her pedipalp and you'll see that it is probably just fine the next time you feed her.
I did buy more substrate for her I just haven’t been able to put it in yet. It’s coconut fiber.

Blizzard

Arachnopeon
Yeah no movement

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It may mean she's trying to hide from you.... Honestly, no one can say for sure. Good luck.

Blizzard

Arachnopeon
Not really a concern in this species...my chalcodes maybe moves once every 16 hours if I'm lucky. The pedipalp thing doesn't particularly strike me as concerning but just keep an eye on your spider.
Idk I see an injury beside her fang. Hard to see. But the best I could do

Attachments

BenWilly

Tarantula Hillbilly
All 3 of my chalcodes will do the frozen challenge (LOL) all the time. I just looked at my biggest female and she hasnt moved since yesterday. They sit in one spot A LOT lol About once a day they will walk around their enclosures