Michigan Millipede id?

Jack Blachura

Arachnopeon
Hey, this doesnt look like any of the native Mi species, and it seems too large to end up being a flat backed millipede or a centipede? Anybody know what these are? They have very shiny brilliant gold bands on them, pics dont do it justice.

Attachments

Augusta97

Arachnopeon
It's probably a julid millipede. Unfortunately there's not usually a ton of info about them (in my area at least), but I guess that's just the breaks when they're so much smaller than most of the hobby species.

Here's a link that has a similar looking pede listed as cylindroiulus as well as a couple other fairly close matches.

BugLord

Arthropod Rancher
Another question, did you collect them or was it just one?

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice find. I too am in Michigan but I hardly ever find anything other than those tiny all black ones (which I believe are some sort of Julidae sp. as well).

Jack Blachura

Arachnopeon
Another question, did you collect them or was it just one?
I managed to find two of them, but they don't seem to like the transfer to tub life, or are just shy. after a bit though, It does look like one has burrowed!

BugLord

Arthropod Rancher
Wowww, I'm really in love with this species. I'm starting to see the gold banding as I look closer.

Jack Blachura

Arachnopeon
Its really hard to get a good pic of it, but in person they are really really beautiful. My newest project :smug: (if they don't get upset and die on me instantly lol.)

BugLord

Arthropod Rancher
Seeing that they're a round species (although there are some exceptions), they should breed and keep well in captivity