bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
UPDATE please comment

Ok here is the lowdown.

• It stridulates (hisses)
  • kicks hairs
  • is vibrant orange
  • pretty sure is female (no boxing gloves or hooks/spurs)
  • 125$

I'm going to get it, but I need help with the genus. I'm leaning towards B. Bohemei

ALSO with out the flash it is about twice as dark orange, the flash makes it look like i dry brushed it with white paint.

Attachments

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
As stated earlier, that is a B. boehmei.
Just because it doesn't have bulbs/hooks doesn't mean it's female. It can also be an immature male. Get a good ventral pic (macro function helps!); it should be very easy to sex at that size, without a molt.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As stated earlier, that is a B. boehmei.
Just because it doesn't have bulbs/hooks doesn't mean it's female. It can also be an immature male. Get a good ventral pic (macro function helps!); it should be very easy to sex at that size, without a molt.
I'm buying tomorrow, and I've only got a POS point and shoot digital camera and the macro leaves something to be desired.

PS: When I look at photos of male B. bohemei vs female it makes this specimen look female add in the fact its almost 10 years old I'm inclined to say its mature specially since buddy said it molted last month.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A few posts above yours i put the photos in, if you cant see them let me know and I will PM them to you.

The pictures you posted rob look alot darker but at the same time closer to the true colour than is indicated by my photos your photo also has a T with the same amount of fluffy hairs on it.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So i got "her" today, very very pleased i must say, she's a doll. None of my Ts kick like she does, hell the stridulation is awesome never seen that before.

I will post pictures of her in her new house, when its finished.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Get a vid of that stridulation. I was unaware Brachy's did that at all. Coolness.
For sure, I don't know if my digital camera takes audio, but it was quite shocking when it did it when I prodded it the first time and it made that sound and kicked hairs. I'll try later in the evening for that video when it comes out of its hide.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Get a vid of that stridulation. I was unaware Brachy's did that at all. Coolness.

No dice on the video, My camera skills are lacking, and my camera does not capture audio. I will see if I can borrow one which does.