Mental Scorpion Someone Help!!!!!!!!!!

Chiaki

Arachnopeon
ok i got a scorpion 2 weeks before xmas. im used to reptiles and amphibians and decided to get my 1st scorpion.{D she ate 2 adult crickets 2 days after i got her with no problems. she hasnt eaten in 5 weeks. i offer her food, i tried even puttingit in her pincer and she just wasnt interested. she is still very lively at night but doesnt want to hunt. ive tried having no food for a few days and then reintroducing it... nothing.
now she has been getting bigger and the scales on her abdomen have large patches of grey in between them (maybe pregnant?)
one day i come home from college she is standing on 2 open pinchers, back arched, slightly to one side with 3 right legs rubbing her stomach.... then the 2 small pinchers she uses for eating started coming out and snapping and then she tried to put her big pincher in her mouth. i thought she was dying.:confused:
she made a full recovery but still wont eat.
someone please tell me what the hell am i supposed to do! :wall:

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ok i got a scorpion 2 weeks before xmas. im used to reptiles and amphibians and decided to get my 1st scorpion.{D she ate 2 adult crickets 2 days after i got her with no problems. she hasnt eaten in 5 weeks. i offer her food, i tried even puttingit in her pincer and she just wasnt interested.
It is some sort of Heterometrus is it not? They can go a long time between meals so don't worry about that.

now she has been getting bigger and the scales on her abdomen have large patches of grey in between them (maybe pregnant?)
Either the scorpion is nearing a molt or it is pregnant.

one day i come home from college she is standing on 2 open pinchers, back arched, slightly to one side with 3 right legs rubbing her stomach.... then the 2 small pinchers she uses for eating started coming out and snapping and then she tried to put her big pincher in her mouth. i thought she was dying.:confused:
The scorpion was most likely grooming itself.

she made a full recovery but still wont eat.
someone please tell me what the hell am i supposed to do! :wall:
Use the search function for starters.

Chiaki

Arachnopeon
replying

went through the search function, and researched scorpions before i got her. i wasnt worried about the not eating until she stared grooming herself. she is a pandinus imperator. ive never heard of them grooming but i suppose it makes sense if she is moulting:rolleyes: . im a bit over protective of her cos she is my first bug. im used to reptiles you can force feed when all else fails!! thanks for setting my mind at ease! {D

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Emps regularly groom themselves. Don't be surprised if you see it taking a dip in the water dish.

I've seen my other scorps groom as well. Sometimes they even produce a saliva like substance which they rub all over their body.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The grey area you see is called the plurel membrane, and it's always showing on all scorps.

Ed

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
she ate 2 adult crickets 2 days after i got her with no problems. she hasnt eaten in 5 weeks. i offer her food, i tried even puttingit in her pincer and she just wasnt interested.
I have several Scorpions in my care now, 5 P. Imps. and 2 H. Spin., and just got 2 P. Cav. yesterday. The not eating 'habit' they exhibit is very common. It seems to me to last around 2.5 months, as my 'fasters' have now started to eat. In this forum if you search for "scorpion not eating" you'll note how some can fast for nearly a year.

As others have said in their replies maybe a moult. Pregnancy is common in recently purchased females, as they ship in bulk containers and may mate in transit. But if you don't see them actually mate you can't be sure just by visual characteristics.

one day i come home from college she is standing on 2 open pinchers, back arched, slightly to one side with 3 right legs rubbing her stomach.... then the 2 small pinchers she uses for eating started coming out and snapping and then she tried to put her big pincher in her mouth. i thought she was dying.
The grooming answer is the one that I think it is as mine have ALL done what you mentioned above.

One note to the behaviour though, is your moisture/humidity up to the recommended 80% for P. Imp. sometimes when my female stands around in that contorted posture for sometime I gently mist the tank, and her too, she seems to like it as she doesn't run for cover.