Meet...aw crap, I don't know its name, another critter was dropped in my lap.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Interesting naming convention. Aw Crap, meet Oh Snit, our cat.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They drop their tails easily unfortunately, its name is Senor Stumpy.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
This species does not regrow dropped tails. He's gonna be a frog-butt for life.

Should be big enough to sex, by the way. Any manly bulges between the back legs?

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
yeah, I knew they don't regenerate. I kinda think it adds to its charm. Though I'd still prefer that it had kept the taol.

Yannoe, I've never bothered to take a look in the direction of sexing it. I hope it is a male.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I got a ventral shot, but I'm unsure if it is good enough for the purpose of sexing. I don't see any femoral pores, myself, so it may be a female.
Of more interest to me at the moment are those "spurs" on either side of the vent. Normal?

IMG_7489.cropJPG.jpg

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
The cloacal spurs are normal, yeah. Looks female to me, but the pores are very small in this species and if it’s a male the bulge will be very obvious as it gets older. Other people will be better at this than me, though.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I'd say female. I got what turned out to be a male a month before you started this. He is noticably male too, the punk spreads out on the front glass regularly :rofl: So comparing the two I'd say you have a little girl.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I'm inclined to agree. I'd prefer a male, but really either way is fine with me.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
And what is wrong with stump-tails? Tsk. Prejudice is such an ugly thing.

#StumptailLivesMatter

:D

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Well, I guess she is doing alright, considering I'd never kept one before and had to do research nearly spontaneously. :)

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
m_IMG_6831crop-horz.jpg

And another one. I notice that there is some stuck skin on her feet, I'll have to address that issue. She ain't gonna like it! :D

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Finally got around to a rehouse. Not quite done, I will still be making a few tweaks. Not crazy about needing to use a full-screen lid, but I'll figure out a way to reduce the loss of humidity bit, possibly by using some plexiglass on the inside of the lid.

m_IMG_7642crop.jpg

Attachments

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Well, it took three years to confirm the guesses in this thread, but after discovering this a few weeks ago, I think it is as pretty safe bet that it is a female. :D

m_IMG_9696.jpg