Me versus the Cricket

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My L. parahybana is lying acoss the opening of its burrow, all legs out...the back two kinda pulled up looking strange...I honestly think it is about to molt, but I dont know WHY it isnt flipped over...is it going to pull itself out and drop down the burrow?
Well, I was STaring at it, trying to figure out if it was molting or dying or what..and I noticed one antennae poke out from under the silk leaf in there,( that was decoration,but is now webbed into the burrow entrance). A CRICKET! a cricket I thought was eaten a couple days ago...not eaten, very much alive, and hiding under the leaf, waiting to eat my molting T.
So what I did, because I couldnt catch the stupid thing without disturbing the T....T never even flinched during my attempts...was I used a marker to push a burrow straight down in the corner of the cage..and when the cricket went into it...I squished it with the marker *gag*.
Now, I just hope my weird sling knows what it is doing, and is okay if it never flips over.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok Kim,
Dont leave me hangin. What happened?:?

Ernie

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
nothing.

Nothing has changed. The T is in the exact same spot and position as it was this morning. I sure hope IT knows what it is doing...and that it is NOt dying.
It moved a leg when I barely touched it. So it didnt die..
Very frustrating.
Hey look, I got promoted. I am not a peon anymore....:}
Kim

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: nothing.

Hey look, I got promoted. I am not a peon anymore....:}
Kim
ROTFLMAO,
Thats the funnyest thing I've heard all day.:D Thanks for the laugh. You were never a peon in my eyes..;)

Ernie

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
okay, it's HUGE!

i DONT know how this T fit in it's old skin.
Finally did molt. Last night.The other stuff posted above must have been to fake me out.
I wish I had a camera. I am going to get one. Soon as I figure out what kind to buy.
Lasidora parahybana. Amazing . It is stretched out right now and ery cool looking. If its a male, I am getting another one.
hmmm. Since I dont know how to tell the diffeence, maybe I should just go get another one.
;P