May I Buy You a Drink?

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Here is Archimedes, my 5" G. rosea female (name was given before I found it it was a she). This was the first (and only) time I've seen her drink...

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I saw my rosie having a drink the other day... that picture is making me thirsty

theninegates

Arachnopeon
My Pokie only drinks from his dish until right after I change the water... very picky.

Spiders are cool and never cease to amaze....always doing something we don't expect.

Thanks for the pic!

cdxrd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Caught my Rosea the other night doing the same thing, but of course, it was like some horrid crime for me to see her doing that and she scurried back to her hide.. lol

Sometimes shes calm, other times she thinks she is an OBT.. rarely is she a pet rock.. But thats what I love about her.. You never can tell what on earth she will be doing from day to day.

Now my B. Smithi Pet Rock.. thats a different story.. Sometimes I wonder if he isnt carved out of stone.

jared_kipe

Arachnopeon
cdxrd said:
Caught my Rosea the other night doing the same thing, but of course, it was like some horrid crime for me to see her doing that and she scurried back to her hide.. lol

Sometimes shes calm, other times she thinks she is an OBT.. rarely is she a pet rock.. But thats what I love about her.. You never can tell what on earth she will be doing from day to day.

Now my B. Smithi Pet Rock.. thats a different story.. Sometimes I wonder if he isnt carved out of stone.
LOL I know exactly what you mean.

azztigma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
beccamillott, this is the best pic of rosea I have ever seen! :D although I haven't seen many but still... Nice job on taking the pic.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
thats so cute! lil spider drinking! My spider does weird things with the water. I see it splashing around in it and then going all the way to the bottom of his burrow and using its wet legs to construct it better, then going back and splashing around in the water again!

JohnxII

Avicoholic
Old Timer
RaZeDaHeLL666 said:
thats so cute! lil spider drinking! My spider does weird things with the water. I see it splashing around in it and then going all the way to the bottom of his burrow and using its wet legs to construct it better, then going back and splashing around in the water again!
Interesting. Makes sense too. What species?

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I caught my pulchra drinking a few weeks ago...just moseyed rigth over to its bottlecap and stuck its face in (and its ass straight up in the air in the process) --it was quite amusing to watch

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hehehe I just looked in my rosies tank and she has burried her water dish :?

Mustacherose

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome pic!

Thats an amazing pic! I wish my hands were that steady when Im taking pictures of my little rosie, I'll post a pic. The pictures kinda crappy but thats the clearest one so far. BTW That fingernail isn't mine its my mom's she enjoys tarantulas :rolleyes:

Attachments

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's my freshly molted mature male having a drink...

Regards, Mike :D :eek: :D

Last edited:

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blondi having a drink...

Excellent photos Mike. Good looking Blondi you have there!

Cigarman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its always something neat to see a T having a slurp at the local watering hole. Before investigating T's I never thought I would get to see one doing something like having a drink. :)

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice pics. I catch my male getting a drink all the time, its always good to know that they are putting the water to good use.

-Mattyb