May I Buy You a Drink?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I know, right? :rofl: I found her perched like this, not drinking. Guess she prefers freshly poured substrate tea ;)
View attachment 301476
My G.iheringi lets me know this way that his substrate is too dry for his liking. Not sure on requirements for Bumba species, but maybe she wants it more moist?
I always chuckle a bit when reading this genus name. In the Netherlands and Belgium, we have a children's program called Bumba, it's a clown, :p

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
My G.iheringi lets me know this way that his substrate is too dry for his liking. Not sure on requirements for Bumba species, but maybe she wants it more moist?
I always chuckle a bit when reading this genus name. In the Netherlands and Belgium, we have a children's program called Bumba, it's a clown, :p
You’re right, I’ll be wetting the substrate more often for my girl. It’s been pretty dry here and I think it’s been drying out super fast in her Kritter Keeper enclosure.
Thanks for sharing the Bumba video, that was amazing :rofl:

Last edited:

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Pretty sure she is drinking/just done getting a drink which is amazing because I’ve never seen my other regalis do it :D

0C4418BF-D3AF-4090-9627-5D2EF8F38CA7.jpeg

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
P. vittata getting a drink:

A9E42DD9-6FF4-4DC1-963C-0183CD0D00A6.jpeg

I find it interesting that the chelicerae are spread to allow greater access to the mouth for water.

Last edited: