mating question

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok my male G.rosea is still immature but I believe hell be ready by the next molt. the thing is he only has one palp would he still be able to mate? does he need it to be able to drum properly. and If I power feed him do you think he might grow more of it back when he does molt?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well,
he doesn't neccesarily need it to drum, as when ive bred a few species, not all of them drum... i think they sensed each other and just got right to it.... And as long as he can get one shot in, he should be fine

and i think he might be fine with one pedipalp.. i dont think too much research has gone into this, and i'm sure people have mated their male Ts with one palp before (anyone??). Personally, i've never had that problem, so i can't give you any real-world advice.

my whole thing is, would he be able to actually do it with on pedipalp -- i wonder if he'd try to hold the female up with another leg... I mean...thats my problem. I wonder how he'd hold the female up/off and still do the deed...... :)

i don't know if it would end up being a problem and we could sit here and debate back and forth about what might happen, but either someone who's done it before can chime in and let us know what happened, or you can try it! i'm really not sure, though!

good luck buddy

peace
dave

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm sure he'd still be able to do the deed. He doesn't use his peds to hold up his girl. He'll use his tibal hooks on his front legs.
He'll just deposit 50% less sperm per mateing.
He'll just have to mate twice as much. Thats a good thing.:}

Ernie

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so after the first attempt let him recharge his palps and then put him right back at it again?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats what I'd do.
Good luck... He can do it=D

E