mating C cyaneopubescens

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
or not.....
well, this was as close as he decided to get to her, and it took him an hour of tapping his way around her enclosure to do it.
He stayed in that position for about 10 minutes, then turned around, and jetted out of there. Apparently, he wasn't comfortable with the vibes he was getting from her!
I'll try again in a day or two

Last edited:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful pair.
I hope they get together soon and good luck!
Tell the little guy Zevo is rooting for him.
Just don't let him take advice From Zevo in that area.....

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good luck holley, I hope you are succesful in creating your own little rainbow.

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the Blues

Good Luck! Not a very easy species to breed successfully. My most recent attempts, the female munched the male both times.

Cohabitation in a LARGE enclosure (like a 55 gallon tank etc) works best.

N-Joy
Art

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Breeding Greenbottles

Hi Holley,

Check out my article in E&A's Invertebrates Magazine this quarter if you get a chance. It should give you some insights in breeding them. Let me know if you like it!

Swifty

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
@Art, I WISH I had a container that size for them! As it is, I'll just have to supervise, and hope for the best!

@Swifty, I was wondering where my latest copy was...I think my subscription ran out! I will resubscribe ASAP, I don't want to miss that article! Did the mag just come out?
thanks!

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah Holley, it came out just recently. It's a good one too, because it has two pages of full color photos in the center, on this issue.

Swifty

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Whoa, what's this? E&A Invert Mag? What great literature am I missing out on? Do either of you have a link to a website or something of the sort where I can check this out? I'm really interested. Thanks.

In Him,
Marcus

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rock on. I apprecaite it. How would you rate it? Is it informative and worth the read?

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good Luck!! We recently attempted this. The male just never caught on. They would tap to one another for hours and she would even almost get on top of him. We ended up letting them cohabitat for about 3 weeks until she suddenly decided to munch him. We had kept them together for a few days before that and sperated them. That was a few months ago and we still dont have an eggsack. It is a wonder CB's are available at all IMO.

-Jill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've only seen a couple of issues. I would say it is small but well written and informative. The only real downside, which may not be a downside depending on your interests, is that it covers the whole spectrum of the invert hobby. As such, if what you really want to know about is Ts you might not find it that useful. This is why I haven't subscribed, at least half seems to be dedicated to insects which are only a tangential interest of mine.

If you email them and ask, I know they will send you a sample copy for free which will let you see for yourself what you think.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it is a very good article.

And by the way nice plug there Swifty. :)

Seriously it is a very good article as well as being a good magazine overall.

Phil