Masochist Tarantula?!?

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Lol, I think everyone has posted very similar answers to no avail. I like my tarantulas a lot, but I can't say I am emotionally attached to them. They are beautiful, interesting and amusing, but I understand that they are not cats or dogs...
i'm emotionally attached to mine not because i view them as sentient beings but because each one has slightly different colorings than the other each one likes to do something slightly different it's a variation in instinct yes but i like watching my one B. vagans make a mountain out of it's eco earth when my other one makes a burrow if they died i'd miss that trait that they do just like if my large B boehmei died i'd miss the way it kicks hairs at it's food

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I did not mean I didn't care about my bugs :). They are interesting to watch and a beautiful thing to behold. However, they don't have warm fuzzy feelings to their owners, so I can't say I feel the same way about them as I do the two cats that sleep in my bed :).

i'm emotionally attached to mine not because i view them as sentient beings but because each one has slightly different colorings than the other each one likes to do something slightly different it's a variation in instinct yes but i like watching my one B. vagans make a mountain out of it's eco earth when my other one makes a burrow if they died i'd miss that trait that they do just like if my large B boehmei died i'd miss the way it kicks hairs at it's food

Lolita

Arachnoknight
I did not mean I didn't care about my bugs :). They are interesting to watch and a beautiful thing to behold. However, they don't have warm fuzzy feelings to their owners, so I can't say I feel the same way about them as I do the two cats that sleep in my bed :).

lol i don't know my dog pees on my floor my tarantulas don't so sometimes i like my tarantulas better than my warm and fuzzy pets :p

BatGirl

MAJOR
Old Timer
two cats that sleep in my bed
Cats are great for cleaning the toilet (open front door, open toilet lid, place cat in, close lid and sit on it, flush 6 times, open lid to let self cleaning toilet cleaner leave the house [it will then clean itself outside], close the front door - toilet is now clean), and that's about it!:D

They're also good for coyote bait...:clap:

...and cat owners let the nasty things lick them as well (commonly in the face -yuck!) and remember, they do lick their butt...:barf:

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So do dogs and a lot of other pets. Difference is the antibodies in the saliva. You never see your tarantulas put one of their legs in their mouths and clean it? Spiders are hard wired to work a certain way. They may adapt to their environment, but they are still wild arachnids.

Last edited:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why are people still posting in this thread?

Feeding the troll, I tell you. :}

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Why are people still posting in this thread?

Feeding the troll, I tell you. :}
I am still laughing at the Burmese Cobalt Blue... personally though, I have never even called it a Cobalt Blue. What is with all these peeps calling things by common name.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! lol :}

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Cats are great for cleaning the toilet (open front door, open toilet lid, place cat in, close lid and sit on it, flush 6 times, open lid to let self cleaning toilet cleaner leave the house [it will then clean itself outside], close the front door - toilet is now clean), and that's about it!:D

They're also good for coyote bait...:clap:

...and cat owners let the nasty things lick them as well (commonly in the face -yuck!) and remember, they do lick their butt...:barf:
yeah...