Maraca cabocla sling is getting a bigger enclosure.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well heres an update on the Maraca cabocla. My babies (private stock) are growing up and I am moving them into larger enclosures. I filmed them and as always its as docile as ever.
I would say that they are the new rosehairs, except with no moody attitude (My opinion)

[YOUTUBE]RDscQNLzMl8[/YOUTUBE]

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very nice vid man!.....those guys seem to be doin very well!...and they look great too!, how many did you keep for you self?.....gunna have to keep my eye out for those locally:D

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very nice vid man!.....those guys seem to be doin very well!...and they look great too!, how many did you keep for you self?.....gunna have to keep my eye out for those locally:D
I have over 150+ slings (have not counted). My private stock has 8 specimens + one Mommy.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I saw your videos on youtube and I want one! lol How much would I be looking so spend on a 1/2" sling, and how fast do they grow?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I saw your videos on youtube and I want one! lol How much would I be looking so spend on a 1/2" sling, and how fast do they grow?
Sent you a PM on selling. As for how fast do they grow, They can grow as fast as a molt a month for the first couple of molts (till 7th-8th instar) than its every 2 months. Basically the same as most tarantulas. Depends on feeding schedule and temps.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Nice job working with a baby. None of mine are calm enough to do that. I use the same type enclosures - got to love those acrylic cubes. I'll have to post about rehoming one of my OBT slings...

Marga

Edit - none of my slings in general. I do not own one of this sp. Not that I wouldn't mind - just out of room at the moment!

Last edited:

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Even "Mommy" is this calm. I have a video handling her as well and letting her get into her enclosure.
I use the same type enclosures - got to love those acrylic cubes. I'll have to post about rehoming one of my OBT slings...

Marga
That should be alot of fun!!!{D

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I started working on the other Maraca cabocla stock transfers.

I decided to take all the babies out of the Dram vials and move them into Stackable cups used for beads. I found it much more convienient with this many spiderlings. I have to buy them in steps due to pricing and numbers needed but its worth it. They need more room to start growing.

Looks much more organized. Bought these from The Container Store. Works out to less than a buck each after tax. I love that store!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I thought about these for slings, but it involves moving the entire stack of 5 or 6 (depending on the bead stacker) when you feed, rotate and reshelve. Does it bother them to jiggle around that much? (EARTHQUAAAAAAKKKKE). Would you keep us posted on how they do in this setup?

Thanks!

Marga

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I thought about these for slings, but it involves moving the entire stack of 5 or 6 (depending on the bead stacker) when you feed, rotate and reshelve. Does it bother them to jiggle around that much? (EARTHQUAAAAAAKKKKE). Would you keep us posted on how they do in this setup?

Thanks!

Marga
I actually prefer this instead of grabbing each individual vial and feeding/watering. When it involves hundreds it is very difficult. With the stack I can grab one stack (and it can be modified to be stacked as many as you want but for now I chose stacks of 6) and have my prey ready to just drop one by one with just a 1/4 turn twist. Its alot more spread out in diameter than a vial which makes it easier to spot the sling and do maintainance when compared to the tiny vials I was using.
Buying vials is harder because I have to buy a box of them and for example a box of the vials I have came with 900 vials.

These slings are in a controlled setting so growth is super slow with them. In fact I still have some at 2nd instar.
Heres what the vial setup looked like. Such a pita! I guess its just preference.