Male T. blondi with pre-killed mouse

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It looks like both fangs each got a taste of some eyeball. NICE

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
More like the neck, last time I checked mice have their eyes on top of their head instead of under...;) :D

Lost_Tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by ArachnoJoost
More like the neck, last time I checked mice have their eyes on top of their head instead of under...;) :D
:rolleyes:
It almost got me, but if that was facing up, it would have had a funny looking elongated face, so I knew something was up. Cool picture JP!

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looking at it again I realize I am wrong. I thought it was the other way around.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Theraposa
so... your Male Blondi doesn't like to eat crickets anymore?
Alot of my larger T's ( including that one) will ignore crickets.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hope that venom acts fairly quickly. Mice are a bit too smart for being live feeders, in my opinion...

EDIT: Ok, ok, prekilled, didn't see that, spooky pic though

Last edited:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
"pre-killed" I like that. As for the photo. EEEEWWW. Cool, but,...EEEWW.

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
After seeing this thread and a number of others recently, I decided to see what some of my larger new rosies would do with a dead pinky. I had two dead pinkies that were supposed to have been baby snake meals, but they ignored them so long the pinkies died. So, rather than waste them, I gave them to two of my largest rosies. Both of them readily started munching on them. Kind of gruesome, really, but at least the pinkies didn't go to waste.

Bryan

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mouseeater

Nice pic!
I don't know about how T. blondis take their prey but my L. parahybana female takes fuzzy rats by immediately going for the head/throat areas. Usually the fuzzy dies within minutes, either by suffocation from the pressure of the fangs, suffocating on the blood from the fang punctures in the neck, or Sadie (my female L. parahybana, named so due to her seemingly sadistic personality) will straight drive her fangs into the eyeball area.

Paul

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feed my large blondi almost exclusive diets of small rats and large mice. I usually toss thawed out prey close to the spider and they ht instantly (with the male it rarely even touches the ground because he catches it in mid air)

I also notice that they tend to bite into the head cavity. I suppose its an evolutionary thing for large spiders that eat large prey... bit it in the head and it dies instantly regardless of venom.

I think its pretty clever!

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awesome photo! Its always good to give large arachnids an occasional protien-rich vertebrate meal....

Alex S.