Male T. blondi lifespan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I just recently found out that my T. blondi was a male. He's about seven inches long, now (molted about a month ago). Does anyone have a rough guess as to how long I have left with my little boy?

-Bryan

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
7 inches already? Wow, he grew fast!
I have not had a T. Blondi yet, so I can't give a good estimate. I would think he is getting close to his mature molt by the size alone.
How long have you had him and how big was he when purchased?
I am asking cause I found a great site which documents the lifespan of a male P. murinus. This site basically had the time to male maturity at slightly under 1 year!

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
From what I can remember, he was only 1-2" when I got him. That was about six months ago. This little booger grew fast!

-Bryan

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Bryan,
How many molts is that? and what kind of a feeding regimen did you use?
That's incredible growth!
Ralph

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by rknralf
Bryan,
How many molts is that? and what kind of a feeding regimen did you use?
That's incredible growth!
Ralph
Scarily enough, he's only molted twice in my care. In the time I've had him, he's eaten two fuzzies, and about 20 crickets a month.

He's hungry again, actually. Let me go find the dog ;) hehe.

-Bryan

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've had roughly the same growth rate with my T. blondi. I didn't realize it until reading your post though. She's gone from about 2.5" to somewhere near 6.5" in 1 year with two molts. I don't know the sex yet, but I've got another molt pending. She is also quite the eater putting down countless crickets and two pinkies.

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
Mature male goliath

well ours matured out about 3or so months ago and has been with moms female for about 2 months or so and hes still going..Hes about 10" or so hes really big...Real leggy to..and he still eats ok....:cool: ;P