Male Retic is now a Female.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got a male retic a couple years ago because I wanted to get a retic but wanted one that would stay small.

I was told it was a male. I just probed HER last night and the largest probe went around 3 subcaudal scales in. So it seems I now have a female instead of a male.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got a male retic a couple years ago because I wanted to get a retic but wanted one that would stay small.

I was told it was a male. I just probed HER last night and the largest probe went around 3 subcaudal scales in. So it seems I now have a female instead of a male.
Or a male that is flexing tightly. My most recent python purchase was probed by a LPS and I even sent a buddy in to verify since I was not living in the area. They confirmed it probed as female. I took it home, popped it and he's a boy.

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you have a kindly vet in the area for about $90 (maybe up to $190) you can get the vent agressively flushed with a barium enima and x-rayed, which will reveal some soft-tissue contrast and you'll see for certain. Or so I've heard.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've probed it 4 or 5 times just to check and recheck. I'm pretty sure its a female. Plus it has never produced sperm plugs like my 8ft albino male is and shes 14ft.

The largest probe went in about 3 subcaudal scales and the second largest went in around 5. Which from what I've read indicates its very female being the canal is concave so a smaller probe would go in alittle deeper.

I'm actually pretty happy it looks as though I have a female.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've probed it 4 or 5 times just to check and recheck. I'm pretty sure its a female. Plus it has never produced sperm plugs like my 8ft albino male is and shes 14ft.

The largest probe went in about 3 subcaudal scales and the second largest went in around 5. Which from what I've read indicates its very female being the canal is concave so a smaller probe would go in alittle deeper.

I'm actually pretty happy it looks as though I have a female.
Spur size if fairly accurate with larger retics as well.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You know I usually over look spurs because they arent that reliable but a good basis. They are pretty much not there though. lol

The small male has ones I can see even though they are small as well. She has no visible really just kind of a small indention.

I was content with just having a nice looking normal be it male or female. I never really questioned it until recently when I noticed my albino had left a small sperm plug on my hand when I was holding him.(GROSS I KNOW!) It got me thinking man... this other "male" hasnt ever done that... So I decided to probe it and its seeming very much female now.