Male or female

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So you think I should use a heat lamp as oppose to a heat pad? or both?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Do what it takes to ge tthem out of the fridge. Be sure to use a thermometer and monitor everything very closely. I would take the scorp out and experiment until the temps are right. Remember it would be easy to cook one.

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea its tough with my setup because I want to keep it moist/humid and warm at the same time. In order to keep it warm enough for my emp I hafta turn on an overhead light which dries the substrate out. So its either humid and cold or dry and warm. Any suggestions?

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea its tough with my setup because I want to keep it moist/humid and warm at the same time. In order to keep it warm enough for my emp I hafta turn on an overhead light which dries the substrate out. So its either humid and cold or dry and warm. Any suggestions?

As said..its tough..as in nature water that evaporates from the surface is replaced by water from the ground and there of course is a lot of ground. Smaller holes in the lid will reduce the rate of water loss, but also steam up the interior quite a bit. You need to find the right balance. Heat dumped onto the body increases as absolute humidity increases.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Goto walmart and get sterilite plastic bins. I use 19L ones, and you can see through it just as much as a glass tank. Glass absorbs heat well, but unfortunately it absorbs the cold too making heating a royal pain. The plastic bins get warm but they don't near as cold as glass. I am able to fit 2 bins on a shelf and heat each with one light. Both give Identical readings of 84F and 81 humidity.