Mailbox insecticides

darlingi

Arachnosquire
Today I received 3 Chilobrachys sp. electric blue slings. I ordered them to a nearby „packing station“ (not sure if that’s the correct english term) and went to pick them up.
I noticed the mailman was still there, spraying something into every mailbox after putting in/removing parcels. I couldn’t make out what it was, but it was definitely some kind of insecticide/repellent. I couldn’t believe it, since I always worry about this kind of stuff without ever actually coming in contact with it, but today was the day it seems.

My first worry of course, was the well-being of the spiders I just ordered. He potentially sprayed right into the mailbox where my parcel was in. So I went to grab it and left. I was actually hesitant to enter my apartment since I was worried I might have residues on my clothes. I immediately changed them when I got in and put the old ones in plastic bags, but I’m still worrying. Is it likely I actually brought stuff in that will harm my Ts? The Chilobrachys slings and everybody else seem to be fine so far.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Today I received 3 Chilobrachys sp. electric blue slings. I ordered them to a nearby „packing station“ (not sure if that’s the correct english term) and went to pick them up.
I noticed the mailman was still there, spraying something into every mailbox after putting in/removing parcels. I couldn’t make out what it was, but it was definitely some kind of insecticide/repellent. I couldn’t believe it, since I always worry about this kind of stuff without ever actually coming in contact with it, but today was the day it seems.

My first worry of course, was the well-being of the spiders I just ordered. He potentially sprayed right into the mailbox where my parcel was in. So I went to grab it and left. I was actually hesitant to enter my apartment since I was worried I might have residues on my clothes. I immediately changed them when I got in and put the old ones in plastic bags, but I’m still worrying. Is it likely I actually brought stuff in that will harm my Ts? The Chilobrachys slings and everybody else seem to be fine so far.
You already changed your clothes, and as long as you washed your hands thoroughly (which should be standard practice before and after working with any animal), you should be fine.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I noticed the mailman was still there, spraying something into every mailbox after putting in/removing parcels.
Muahahah, spraying all the way!
Germans are strange people, no doubts about. Thankfully I live in Italy and were I live we have sexy mail-ladies which deliver stuff :)

pongdict

Arachnosquire
I am guessing it might have been disinfectant he was spraying, It is kind of odd to be spraying insecticides in mailboxes unless they have been having issues with pests lately. Still disinfectants might be harmful to the Ts. You already changed clothes and washed your hands, it should be fine.