mail order

kairo

Arachnopeon
hey, i wanted to ask everyone what kind of experience they have had from mail ordering. . . all of the tarantulas i now keep have been purchased from pet stores. variety, however, is a big problem here in utah valley; and i need more tarantulas!!!!!!! do most of you get your tarantulas from mail order?

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Check out the online dealer review section. You can get a good idea of what to expect from the various on-line Tarantula dealers.

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've bought 3 slings via mail order from 3 seperate breeders and all of them arrived on time and in perfect condition. I'd have no problem buying mail order again, in fact I prefer it to pet shops because the breeder will often look after their slings much better than a pet shop owner. I don't think I'd buy an adult via mail order though because they're more liable to get damaged in the post when being thrown around.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have bought no less than probably fifty inverts via mail order and have never had a problem. I had one DOA one time, but the vendor was very nice about it and more than took care of me.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by kairo
hey, i wanted to ask everyone what kind of experience they have had from mail ordering. . . all of the tarantulas i now keep have been purchased from pet stores. variety, however, is a big problem here in utah valley; and i need more tarantulas!!!!!!! do most of you get your tarantulas from mail order?
I highly recommend http://wwww.invertepet.com
In fact, I'm getting an order from him today. *checks the time* Oh I hope UPS hurries up! I'm getting anxious!!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I really like to see the full development of a tarantula, so getting spiderlings is important to me. Pet stores just don't sell 1/2" spiderlings. So for me, online ordering is the way to go. Plus, since spiderlings cost less than their adult or even juvenile counter parts, I get way more spiderlings for my buck than if I were to buy from petstores all the time.

Jon

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Never bought from a brick and mortar

I've only purchased online in my new found addiction. I don't like what I see as far as care, quality, and service from pet stores, so I don't spend my money there. I only have four T's (have a long list of to-buy T's) that I purchased from Darrin Vernier at Goldenphoenix.com in Arizona and all came overnight in excellent condition. Variety is virtually endless online and the care these T's get are from people like us who love these critters.

Peace