Macro Wars 2003

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I vote for Ernie and mrderanged. Can't help but LOVE those darn fang shots!!!:rolleyes:

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: deifiler

Originally posted by Hairyspider
probably, I was looking at the fine pix 2600, before it was discontinued. Currently have the fine pix A100, so prety much any camera is an upgrade
I usually check out prices first, the different brand names effect the price. fine pix is easy to use.

I forget is the pound more or less than the Us dollar. just currious If its cheaper to buy from a UK store, I might just as well do that and spend a bit more on shipping, depending on the cost of shipping of course

Thanks

William
Ahh thanks. Only problem is customs and import tax etc... not to mention warranties that may apply, though I'm unsure with this. £1 is approx $1.6 I think... so the dollar is roughly 62% 'greater' than the sterling

Sorry to be a post-whore, but I don't think many of the 'macro-kings' saw my original question:

Would this camera be suitable for good macro pics:

http://www.digital-cameras.info/fuj...x-s304-zoom.htm

I'd appreciate it loads if any of you could have a quick peek at its specifications and say if you think it'd be a good camera. I have the money from selling a guitar amp...

These are the main spec's:

3.24 million effective pixel CCD
6X optical zoom lens (38 – 228mm, 35mm equivalent)
Programmed auto exposure and aperture-priority auto modes
Stylish finish on the S304 Zoom
Auto, red-eye, forced, suppressed and slow sync flash modes
Movie capture (320 x 240 pixel) movie mode with sound
High quality 1.8 inch TFT (62,000 pixel) LCD screen
Powered by 4 x AA batteries
Voice memo feature
xD-Picture Card compatible
Webcam facility
Extra long battery life

I look forward to competing in the war

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh just wait till I get my hands on that digital camera, mean time I'm gonna work with what I got. I had to put like 20 flash lites on this guy, but i got it done it's a little better then the first ones. BTW do they have this every year, And I'm not gonna stop posting till I win,

Sam,

Attachments

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I can't even compete. My stupid 6 year old Sony Mavica doesn't even have Macro...........

crash769

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got a digi cam not to long ago. I was wondering how I would know if i can do maco pics. Do I have to change any settings or anything? or just zoom in? I have a sony cybershot 3.2 mega pixels.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by crash769
I just got a digi cam not to long ago. I was wondering how I would know if i can do maco pics. Do I have to change any settings or anything? or just zoom in? I have a sony cybershot 3.2 mega pixels.
There should be a little flower icon on the camera. Press that buttom and you'll be in macro.
Also, it might help to read the macro chapter in the owners guide. ;)

Ernie

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here is one more pick of my pink toe...... you can't get better then this because the cricket and the T are in the same pic. What do you think of my pics Ernie

Sam,

Attachments

Vayu Son

Old Timer
fuji

Deifiler

with a 6x optical zoom you should be in the market for some serious macro. Id suggest finding a +7 - 10 equivalent set of macro filters. they add up, so a Hoya +1 +2 and +4 is seven. This allows the camera to focus at a closer range or at high-zoom. Also, the higher res = bigger the crop. im not sure of the res on the cam since it is broken. go here for some comparisons http://www.steves-digicams.com/closeups.html

-V

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I also might add that a higher aperture = greater focus range. f/5-8 should be fine for really close shots.

-V

crash769

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow thanks I am goin to go try to find that owners manual and read up on it :D hopefully I will be postin some pics soon!!!

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Just checked the owner's manual. This stupid camera seriously doesn't have macro. It's a Sony Mavica model MVC-FD81. My mom bought it in 1997 back when they were mucho expensive. I inherited it when she got a new camera.

These are as close as I can get:

A. avic

One of the parahybanas from Tony's eggsac:

I want macro!

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This thread is awesome, so I thought I'd ressurrect it with my an almost
macro-shot
Here you go:

Last edited:

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bungee macro

I thought the detail was pretty good on this. I didn't enlarge it, just cropped the excess greenery out of the frame.

Greensleeves

Attachments