Macro lens for Nikon D90

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got the macro filters yesterday. I am very impressed with them and I reccomend you get some for while you save for a lens. I also found out from the macro baby tarantulas thread that putting a hole in paper and putting your lens through it keeps your camera from blocking hte light. I'll post some test shots with my new filters for you.
Edit: Those pictures in that thread are AMAZING!

OK here are my results with the macro filters.

Juvi B. Smithi

In this pencil one, there is the shadow from the camera. which I said I learned how to fix with the paper.

You can notice the edges are sort of changing colors. Doesn't really bother me, but for a professional, it probably would.

Last edited:

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Wow. Yeah ok that sold me on the filters thing. Which ones did you purchase hassman?

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Will any of these lenses fit onto a Canon?
The best macro lens for canon, if you can afford it is the Canon MP-E 65mm. If you're interested in that beast, just start googling, or hang out on this forum:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Actually I see today has a first timer thread using the lens:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1050289

The MP-E65 will melt your face off. On that forum, search for user LordV to see what a practiced photographer can do with it.

As for my suggested Sigma 150mm f2.8, it also works on Canon if you purchase the one with the Canon mount.

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
Here's my 2 cents ;)

Here is a picture taken with my Sigma 50mm f2.8 Macro, 1:1 magnification

I don't know if a macro lens acts the same way as a normal lens when focused at infinity but here are two pics taken with extension tubes.

Here is the same lens, focus at infinity, with 36+20+12mm Kenko extension tubes (to which I linked earlier)

And here is still the same lens, focus at infinity, with only the 20mm Kenko extension tube.

Please excuse me the bad lighting and my bad skills :p

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pronty,

The photo skills are fine, it's the white balance which is off :)