Mack&Cass' Not So Spineless!!

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Love the mbk. You must love some colubrids
I'm a total colubrid nerd, I love the uncommon species, although we don't have any yet.
Cass is more partial to the pythons and boas though.
Mackenzie

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Love the reptile shots! And I loooove all the names of your critters.. very entertaining :D

that70sshow

Arachnopeon
awesome collection and photo thread man. ill definitely be keeping up with this. any advice for someone who wants to get a chameleon? i was thinking of getting one next expo i go to. how pricey do they range and what specific care do they require? thanks!

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you're going to get a chameleon, get a veiled. They're the best started chameleon, they're a lot hardier than all the others. I don't know how much they go for in the states, but here we paid $40 for our guy when he was just little. They like a cage with a lot of open airflow, lots of room to climb around, they need to be misted quite often as they don't tend to drink standing water (if you give them a live plant and mist it, they readily drink off the plant). They also eat like horses. When they get older, they tend to eat veggies and fruit, as well as insects...especially males. Our guy eats a dish full of veggies a day, as well as half a dozen crickets and half a dozen superworms and he's only 7 months old. They slow down a bit once they're full grown, but when they're growing, they can't get enough food. They also need a UVB bulb, heat lamp providing a heated basking spot, and vitamin supplements.

And thanks for the comments :)

Cass

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
New guys!!!

The only shot in this post, is our absolutely insane chameleon. He's a rageaholic. On the plus side, it brings out all his colours when he's furious (making him furious involved opening his cage...we don't poke at him or anything...we'd get bit if we did that). He's also only 6 months old.

Cassandra

Last edited by a moderator:

that70sshow

Arachnopeon
yeah your chameleon is stunning and your collection of t's is phenomenal. thanks for the info on the chameleons. they are absolutely beautiful and i really desire one but the great part about owning t's is the little to no maintenance they require. i guess that and how little of expense they are

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that70sshow - Yeah our chameleon is insane. Luckily he makes up for his insanity with his gorgeous colours. We had a female who died last July and the colour difference is astonishing.

Cass

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some shedding:

Cass

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Molts, new guys, and an exciting update!

First, our crazy betta:

Cass

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aww cute betta. I used to keep a bunch of bettas, my last one died recently. :(

Congrats on all the molts! And congrats on the eggsac!!!! Thats so awesome!!! :)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Aww, sometimes I miss my bettas! And then I remember, me and fish don't mesh.. LOL

Huge congrats on the sac!!

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, we figured we would start a picture thread dedicated to our not so spineless wonders!

First up, the serpents (colubrids are impossible to take pictures of, I just wish they'd sit still for 30 seconds! haha):

Next, the lizards:

Toads:

And finally, my two babies:

Missing:
Butters the tokay, we never see him, picture Jobin but a tad smaller

Enjoy!! Feel free to comment!!

Cass

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cass, Thanks for starting another outstanding herp thread for us to marvel at. :clap: Been away from nonnative milks for a long time now. The campbelli sure look nice. I'm guessing the black one is your Lgn. Sure reminds me alot of a really nice L.t. gaigeae a friend had. Wow!!

:)

Terry

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ahh veiled chameleons.. how they hate everyone (my old Karma used to do that if you so much as walked by his reptarium, lol. Even as a 3 week old baby he would puff up, hiss, and lunge at me! Man, I miss him, but don't think I could keep a veiled again right now).

Also, that fireside skink makes me miss the one I rescued back in high school from another student.... He was missing a tail and most of his fingers, but he was a sweetheart skink, and loved having the underside of his chin rubbed gently!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I love your Mexican king(s). Nice collection! How large do the fireside skinks get?

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Terry: Thanks so much! Yeah, the black ones are the Lampropeltis getula nagrita, and the campbelli are awesome snakes - "Bastet" is actually our newest addition and we bought her as unsexed hoping for a male to breed with "Ua Zit", but upon probing we determined that it's female...but that's okay - that just means we have two females to breed when a male comes along

joshuai - thanks! the hognose are really awesome snakes, I had wanted one for a while so when we were offered one I jumped at the chance...his hissing is unlike anything I've ever heard come out of any snake but he's pretty calm for the most part

pouchedrat: Hank is nuts...other than our male tokay, he has got to be the nastiest vert I've ever encountered...he wasn't so bad when we got him when he was just a couple months old but the bigger he gets the nastier he gets - as you can tell from the picture he certainly didn't like having his picture taken hahaha....that's too bad about the skink you rescued, that it was in such bad shape...Mackenzie bought me two as my birthday present last year - unfortunately one died a couple months ago, but that's the risk with buying WC animals, you never know how old they are or if they have anything wrong with them

zonbonzovi - the kings are the craziest snakes we have...Mackenzie actually got bit by Luna last night when he was taking her out and he's been bit by Sekhmet and Hathor as well...and almost got bit by Osiris last night as well which is weird because Osiris is usually the calmest of all the young MBKs. Hathor has also escaped haha. They're gorgeous snakes, but they're really high strung. I think Prickly Pete is full grown, but I've seen ones that are bigger...closer to a foot long. I suck with measurements, I tend to exaggerate but if I had to guess, I'd say Prickly Pete is closer to 8" or so.

We have 6 more snakes coming in soon so we'll be posting pictures of them!

Cass