Maaaaan, not again

tarantulaeddie0

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Has anyone lost a T for longer then a night, i was watering my Ts last nite and my malaysian earth tiger dicides to vinish,:wall: i looked for almost 2 hours last nite, high and low, ive had this happen with other Ts b4, and found them that nite or a day later. Shes slick so i hope i find her out at nite, and soon, im moving next week, lol.

Eddie:wall:

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Everyone at some time will lose a T, right now I have a free range avi sling that got loose through a whole that a cricket made in the mesh in its vial.

Shake your shose out before inserting toes{D

PIG-

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
had my 5" P. irminia fem. pry the screen mesh out and escape in the middle of the night several months ago. found her about 12 hours later on the other side of the room hiding in the arm of my hoodie that was hanging up. might want to check the closets or anything hanging up...just a thought. good luck finding it

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
had my 5" P. irminia fem. pry the screen mesh out and escape in the middle of the night several months ago. found her about 12 hours later on the other side of the room hiding in the arm of my hoodie that was hanging up. might want to check the closets or anything hanging up...just a thought. good luck finding it
Oh that would be quite the experience, had you not checked the sweater before putting it on. :wall:

I've had a couple Ts escape in the past, but none going missing for more than a day or 2. They were all arboreal, and found wandering the walls at night. If you have time, just take a look around your house at night because this is when they will be moving around.

I've also had a 8" Scolopendra subspinipes escape and go missing for a couple of days; was later found by the front door.

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh that would be quite the experience, had you not checked the sweater before putting it on. :wall:
yeah. my heart skipped a beat when i opened it up and saw the orange leg markings sitting a couple inches from my hand. luckily she's not very defensive. and was easily coaxed out and put away (in a heavily re-enforced tank.)

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ohh man! Thats the pits! Her sister seems to be out and about in the very early morning if that helps!

sn95

Arachnopeon
I had a MM Avicularia avicularia decide to get out of a 5.5 gallon tank while i was at work one day. I searched for about 2 hours trying to find it. I decided to go to sleep as it was roughly 3am and I had work the next morning. As I was trying to get to sleep I noticed a dark patch in the corner right above my bed, sure enough it was him.

I also had a four inch pede escape one night, still not sure how it got out. I looked all over the place for it but couldn't find it. Then about a month later it showed up in my H. gigas tank eating a cricket that must have escaped the T. The tanks were on different sides of the room and both were about four foot off the floor.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My smithi escaped twice, and although I have no way of knowing how long he was out either time, he didn't travel far, and I found him both times in dark, close-quartered locations - behind my laundry hamper on the floor against the wall the first time, and in a box of papers and files the second time - both times within about a 4-foot radius of the enclosure. It's as though he found the first available hiding place, then stopped.

My advice is to start at ground zero, fan out and start looking in the nearest "dark, close-quartered locations," and continue outward from there.

Happy hunting!

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
whats great

Whats great is when you loose on at 1 inch and find it again at 3 inch ;)

We had a chaco living in our upstairs for almost a year and found it.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I lost a pokie for over a month. I found it in the kitchen sink getting a drink. It had made it to the other side of the house.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I bought my older brother a B. Smithi sling for christmas back in 2005 or so and gave it to him a little early because I just can't keep surprises... Turned out to be a disaster for me, because that little booger decided she wanted to escape the day of my 14th birthday party. All I can say is that was the last birthday my friends ever showed up to!!! I thought it was pretty funny, but nobody else seemed to think so (don't know why that would be{D)... Still got her today, and she hasn't gotten out since. Hopefully the 10 new slings we've purchased in the last couple months will not decide to do the same {D

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
cant find my chilobrachys female meghlay small and iv been raising this thing for a couple yrs now! damn i hope i find er-

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a female tapinauchenius subcaeruleus escape on me about a month ago but found her wandering my bedroom wall at like 2 AM. Wasn't too concerned about finding her since shes arboreal and all of my T's come out at night and early morning. Would have been a different story if it was a terrestrial T. I probably would have been freaking out a little more if that was the case.