M rufilata?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i think it's male. i have a male and female but i think the labels were confused when they were shipped to me. what do you think...i know the pic ain't the best...

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'll try and get a better pic...do female ruffies' pedilaps get reddish/pink underneath like the males??

Last edited:

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
not 'M' but, Poecilotheria rufilata, whihch i fully believe it is because of the yellow patches on the rear 2 legs both sides.
Although some of the pokies have bright yellow on the frontlegs, from what i can tell rufilata, and metallica have the yellow patches on the rear as wel... and yours isnt blue;)

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks. i know it's a P. rufilata. i'm trying to sex it. it was labeled female but i think it's male. it just molted and i threw out the molt because i purchased them sexed. the one labeled male is much bigger and i haven't been able to get a clear shot of it. bigger abdomen, deeper green coloration, no pinkish coloration under the pedilaps.

if they are labeled correctly, it's going to be one HUGE male. :?

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think he is asking if it's male, not if is the genus Poelithoceria or if it is rufilata. It is hard to tell if it is male or female. From the color patterns it looks pretty viberant, so I would say female. How big is it?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'd say a little over 5"

another couple pics of the male in question..

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I will go take a picture of my confirmed male, he's about 4.5" Be right back.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nope this one was supposed to be a female. :8o I have 15 slings that are molting to about 2" so hopefully I have a few soon. But still no good when it comes to using this male.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I sexed the last molt and there was not even a hint of something female. Ill see if I have the molt somewhere still.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I will go take a picture of my confirmed male, he's about 4.5" Be right back.
they look similar. neither one looks like my supposed male tho. they both look like the mature male i had.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
this is the one labeled male which i think is female...size is also 5" or so.