M. robustum Sack!!!!

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eggs are still looking good. But still no eggs with legs yet. Its been 31 days since i discovered the sac. I'm thinking of moving the eggs to a warmer room. The room they are in now stays at 69-72.
Do you see any development in the eggs?

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well good news guys. I just went and put a heat pad on them about an hour ago. Just went back to check the temp and one just popped some legs out. I closed it up and i'll check back later on tonight to see how many eggs with legs i have then.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fantastic news! My robustum is definitely my crown jewel and most favorite species to observe.

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
8 more popped legs out last night. I'll check tonight when i get home from work and take some pics.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
8 more popped legs out last night. I'll check tonight when i get home from work and take some pics.
Thats AWESOME!! Cant wait to see pics. Always exciting seeing them actually come to life!

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is pure AWESOMENESS! I cant wait to breed my pair!

defiantly make sure you write a breeding report. I am glad to see someone else breeding these!

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Couldn't get a good pic, but if you look close you can see little legs.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
one thing that puzzles me is...Why are M. robustum babies so HUGE! I got my male when he was just 2i and he was already about an inch DLS.

Also, I am curious as to why they have so few offspring per sac...

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
one thing that puzzles me is...Why are M. robustum babies so HUGE! I got my male when he was just 2i and he was already about an inch DLS.

Also, I am curious as to why they have so few offspring per sac...
It's the Theraphosa style, few slings but really large! Just another path of evolution from the Lasiodora, Brachypelma, etc. path. Something like K-selection (big and few...) and R-selection (many and small...)

Cheers,
Pato

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Eveybody wants one, til they see the price lol.

Congrats!!
Pretty much. Not to mention, these are not the easiest to keep of species. defiantly a level 10 or so. not for beginners for sure.

My male is in premolt right now, my female molted 3 weeks ago, so if all goes well within the next month I will be trying this myself!!!!

I cant wait! this will be a breeding project well over 2 years in the making for me!

also, JR. what was the time frame between pairing and sac?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
there not your typical spider...they live in DEEEP burrows, and need to be kept cool and VERY humid. around 60F with 90% RH. breeding season for them is when the weather gets to around 65 or 70F.

They can be very hard to raise from slings as well. as they need alot of humidity to survive.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there not your typical spider...they live in DEEEP burrows, and need to be kept cool and VERY humid. around 60F with 90% RH. breeding season for them is when the weather gets to around 65 or 70F.

They can be very hard to raise from slings as well. as they need alot of humidity to survive.
If you can do it, I can do it!!!:p:D